Kings Mountain Trail

Kings Mountain Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Tillamook, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A steep and demanding trail that takes you up above Tillamook forest, providing spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and opening up to nearby Elk Mountain or other trails.

Great workout and amazing views. Beautiful climb up through all the ferns and mossy trees.

Incredible trail but definitely difficult. Three or four sections were pretty rough and the heart rate got up pretty high (170s for me, I had a HRM on). Dense vegetation throughout until you get right to the top so not many views on the way up. But man... all of that is completely worth the top view. Gorgeous views that i could've stayed and just looked at for days. Very lightly trafficked, as we were there on a Monday morning except for one gentleman who told us he was always out there.

If you have the time (~3 hours round trip) and the physical fitness, this trail is a must.

This trail is awesome! So beautiful. The lush green makes this trail outstanding. It is definitely difficult. The trail is very steep, but once you get to the top the view is worth the work.

hard hike but easier than elk mountain trail

hard hike but a alot of wild berries to eat

This is an awesome hike, very strenuous, but at the top the views of the coast range are amazing.
Parking was tight as we hiked Kings on a Sunday.
The family enjoyed the hike (two boys 9 and 11 and wife).

well worth the steepness

This was a beautiful hike. First time we had tried a "difficult" hike. The very last bit to the summit was very rocky and probably the most difficult part, also in full sunlight. But we did it!

Tough hike when you are out of shape. Amazing rewarding view when you make it to the top.

Great hike! Loved it. Not as hard as it seems. Just keep going. Take your time. It took us 3.5 hours total. View is totally worth it! Enjoy!

Excellent, but steep mountain trail. Wonderful views from the top.

Difficult steep hike, but amazing views.

This was a challenge, without a doubt. I was pretty warm so we cut through some water. For me and the family I would say do it to do it but that's the last time. We ended up doing the King Mountain JR trail which was an adventure for sure! I recommend this trail for sure but not sure. Want to do it again because of all the scrambles you have to go back down. Enjoy!

Up, up, up to the top. The scenery along the way is magical. There are a couple of tiny scrambles towards the top. Once you make it to the top be sure to sign the notebook that is located inside the wooden box.
Be sure to bring a lunch, relax and enjoy the view from the top. Mt Hood can be viewed to the east and the coast range to the west.
My trekking poles came in handy coming down the trail. It can be a little slippery with the loose soil.

Good trail for a quick hike with a bit of difficulty. The trail is well-traveled and relatively easy fro the most part - there are some brief technical sections, but nothing too sticky. The climb is challenging, but not overly steep. We hiked while there was still a dab of snow on top, and cloud cover nixed our chances of enjoying a spectacular view, but that's how it goes. I will add this one to my list of training hikes.

Really enjoyed hiking this last weekend (3/19-20). We pitched a tent by the picnic table near the top and woke up to find we were above the clouds. It was a hard climb but the view was so worth it!

Unfortunately, my friend and I accidentally left our hiking boots in the parking lot in the frenzy of packing up in the rain. We drove back once we realized they were missing but they weren't there. If anyone picked them up, we would love to get them back! Women's blue/grey Ahnu boots and brown Vasque boots.

Thanks!
lexymerie@gmail.com

This one kicked our butts. Very beautiful and definitely worth the workout to get to the summit.