Jeffery Pine Loop Trail

Jeffery Pine Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Selma, OR that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Jeffery Pine Loop Trail is an easy 1 mile loop trail located near Selma,Oregon with a connecting 1.4 mile trail to the Little Falls Trail . The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-around. Nice views of the mountains and access to the Illinois River.

Rocky!! This was a great hike but I must say it was too rocky and the path too narrow or steep or overgrown at times. The trails could be more clearly marked too. (After reading the other posts, I need to make a correction...the trail to Little Falls is what I'm describing lol just wanted to be clear!)
It was a great challenge for me and my two dogs. Might do it again with a walking stick and a buddy!

Many places to stop by the river.

Awesome hike with plenty of river spots along the way. Easy to drive to trailhead which is a plus.

Great trail

This little trail is way prettier than I thought it would be! I did half the loop and continued on to the Little Falls Trail. There are some good places to go and check out the river and swim if it is hot enough that day. The wild flowers were starting to bloom so I bet if you gave it a few weeks it would be an EVEN BETTER hike!

JPL TRHD: N42° 13.905' W123° 39.623'
River spot 1: N42° 13.853' W123° 39.746'
River spot 2: N42° 13.925' W123° 39.987'
River spot 3: N42° 14.325' W123° 40.644'
Little Falls: N42° 14.366' W123° 40.795'

Had to give this small trail 5 stars in that after multiple surgeries on my knees and feet, I was able to hike and feel good here. The view is beautiful and a joy to hike. My son is also disabled and was able to walk this trail with ease.

We hiked this trail today and went on to Little Falls as well. We went one way with a shuttle at the end. It was a perfect day as all the wildflowers were blooming and overcast just enough to keep from getting too hot. We were with a group sponsored by the Siskyou Field Institute and led by William L. Sullivan, author of many Oregon hiking books. The purpose of the hike was botanical and to observe the wildflowers blooming but the hike itself was quite nice. The Loop Trail is quite easy but I would rate the leg to Little Falls moderate as there was a good elevation loss and gain back up from the falls.

This is a fairly easy trail that's been recently built. The trail starts from the parking area and descends down toward the river. Shortly after starting there's a trail to the right which is part of the loop but for now continue on the main trail as it slowly descends through grasslands and then forest and finally down to the river where it follows a parallel course to the river. You'll notice soon the trail sign that leads you back up on the loop or you can continue on the main trail until it meets an old dirt road. On the other side of this road is another trail which is the 1.4 mile connecting trail to the Little Falls Trail (described elsewhere).