Jackson Bottom Wetlands Loop Trail

Jackson Bottom Wetlands Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hillsboro, OR that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Take the time to explore one of the best educational centers in the Pacific Northwest. This 725 acre wetland preserve is home to numerous nesting Great Blue Herons a variety of shorebirds and even nesting bald eagles. There are numerous trails for the whole family with multiple viewing areas and binoculars and scopes available to visitors at the main building. One of the best times to visit the preserve is during fall migratory season.

The visitor's center os awesome! You should definitely check it out.

Early November in a year of unseasonably warm weather, my daughter and I didn't see many water fowl. They were still up north. We did see lots of critters. We crossed paths with squirrels, frogs, a rabbit and a snake. We also found several areas with an obscene amount of crickets. Nature's crunchy bird food. Yum!

Decently maintained nice little walk. They have a map and lots of information on site. Jogging Stroller friendly would not recommend a regular stroller on this trail.

It was great. Had a great time with my kids.

I loved it!

❤️❤️❤️

Nice if you're just looking to take a stroll.

Nice easy walk. Bummed we didn't get to see much wildlife either time we went.

Sunny and lots of wildlife.

Z tgse ça zaps Zaza de asse Zoug gv y y

If you want to see a lot of wildlife this is a great place to go. I have been there many times to take photographs. There is a large variety of waterfowl and birds.

Good trail overall but I wouldn't bring the stroller again. It's kinda hard to push in bark dust and gravel. Put the baby in a carrier. Would be great for family field trips.

This is a nice little getaway that's close to home. While this trail may lack some of the flash and jaw dropping splendor of some of the more popular trails, it makes up for it with a good relaxation factor. The trails all through the park are fairly flat and well maintained. I've seen ducks, Canadian Geese, great blue herons, and beavers out here at various times. During the summer the wetlands get a little dry though. Better to go in the Spring. All in all a nice casual little place to hang out for an hour or so and bird watch.