Horsetail, Onenta, and Triple Falls Trail

Horsetail, Onenta, and Triple Falls Trail is a 5.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Bridal Veil, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

An easy hike in and out with four great waterfalls and beautiful trees along the way. The trail starts out with a few switchbacks that eventually turn into a more moderately sloped trail to the first falls, Pony Tail Falls. If you keep going the trail wanders around and then down to some more switchback that lead to a bridge over the Oneonta Gorge. Following the trail will take you to a fork that if you follow to the left will take you to Triple Falls, the Forest Service is repairing the trail after a tree fell last winter. The right fork will take you back to the Scenic Highway. Parts of the trail are steep and rocky but overall the trail is fairly easy.

Late review: hiked this on 12/22/16. Defiantly a good one to do with then whole family. Kids are 4&7 and they did just fine. Heavily trafficked trail though. Earlier the better to start.

Hiked on 12/25/16-very difficult with snow, ice and lack of trail visibility. I made it to the falls. Very great hike-can't wait to hike again under warmer conditions.

Went 12/25/16. We stopped about 30 minutes from triple falls since it was getting dicier out with the ice/snow on the trail. If we had our hiking poles or spikes, it wouldn't have been so sketchy.

Horsetail creek trail to Onento. Awesome trail, little rocky but pretty easy trail.

I hiked from horsetail falls to Triple falls, it is rated as hard and I'm not sure why, I would call it moderate. The trail is very rocky but the elevation gain isn't too bad. great hike in a rainy day, had it all to ourselves.

Ponytail falls what a wonderful fall!!! You can actually walk behind the falls not many that you can do this! It was awesome. Enjoyed tremendously on my 50 waterfall adventure portion through oregon.

We only went up to Ponytail Falls on this trail, since it was the last of a series we hit up in the Columbia River Gorge. But Ponytails in itself is a gorgeous waterfall. You can actually go behind it and there's a cave-like area that's great for picnicking.

Best view of falls is again just off the parking lot, which was full. Trail goes up to triple falls, but due to time limits, did not complete full trail. Falls is as good or better than Multnomah.

Triple falls was stunning! The hike was generally easy with some parts being steep.

While this is listed as an easy hike, it was more at the moderate level, in my opinion. There are several switchbacks going up the first portion of the trail and as we traveled up and around we encountered a few others who agreed that it wasn't as "easy" as some claim. You do have to watch your step because there are a lot of little rocks embedded in the earth, which helped us out on the rainy day that we were there. They acted like stairs when going up and down because the ground can get slick when wet. But, those are just little things, and it was well worth the journey. The scenery is amazing and I was so happy to go on an overcast day where bursts of rain kept us cool and the gray skies enhanced the vivid colors only found in nature. We were lucky to see a family of baby squirrels descending a tree. It was nicest being where you couldn't hear the street noise and we took our time getting around the loop, making several stops to just sit and breathe and look at the views. It was not crowded at all--unlike Multnomah Falls, which we visited afterward.

While we didn't take the little detour up to Triple Falls, we made the rest of the loop that takes you out to where you go back under the Oneonta Tunnel and walk the little bit back to the parking lot at the trailhead. We spent three hours there because we wanted to make the most of it.

Loved this hike. It can get busy, but I went on a holiday weekend and with that in mind it wasn't too bad. The further in on the trail you go the less people. The falls and scenery are gorgeous. It is rated as difficult but I would say more moderate.

Fun little hike with a beautiful view of triple falls. Lots of debris last time I went but still passable

Good easy hike. Good scenery