Hidden Lake Trail

Hidden Lake Trail is a 8.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Government Camp, OR that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Directions from Rhododendron: Follow Hwy. 26 east for five miles. Turn left onto Rd. 2639 (Kiwanis Club Road) The trail begins just past Kiwanis Camp entrance in a wide parking area on the left.

This trail is a good workout but if I remember correctly it is in the neighborhood of 4-4.5 miles.

I hike this trail at least 2 times a year. There is a nice resting viewpoint once you get through half of the switch backs. It is steep, but then levels out. I come up here to forage, not so much to go to the lake. I have been there a handful of times, but dont consider it to be the showcase of the hike. Very little foot traffic after October 15th.

Steep trail for the first portion of the hike. Limited scenery and we make the hike when the rhoddies were not blooming. It is probably very scenic in the late spring and early summer.

My Family and I HATED this trail. The only positive was the exercise we got climbing to this place. If you are looking for exercise ONLY, than this is a great quick trail. Other than that avoid it! The lake at the end is more of a swamp and completely infested with mosquitoes. I had on thick repellent and I got stung like crazy. We couldn't get out of this place fast enough. (Oh, and the trail is listed as 8.2, but it is only 2 miles in and 2 miles out)