Herman Creek Trail

Herman Creek Trail is a 4.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, OR that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

An off-the-beaten-path hike

A little elevation gain at the start but was a pretty plain jane trail. Nice rushing creek and cool breeze, easy trail in my book. If you want some elevation gain and a workout do Indian Point Loop.

Great!

Meh. This trail is kind of boring. The waterfall is underwhelming - you can see bigger waterfalls from the freeway. Herman Creek is beautiful though, with a nice bridge spanning the creek for good selfie opportunities. The pinnacles are cool, but it's hard to get a good picture of all of them (that's what my fiance and I do on our hikes). I did like the flat part of the trail that goes through a quiet forest, something I haven't experienced on other trails. Keep to the right at all forks, otherwise you will go up the Pacific Crest Trail, which is really steep. Watch your step as there are areas with loose rocks and steep dropoffs on the side of the trails.

Herman Creek Trail is well kept, with nice waterfalls. Steep in places, but certainly manageable for most people, even some dogs. Good options for doing a loop with Indian Point, Nick Eaton Trail, Casey Creek (very very steep.)

A steep trail that's no too beautiful at the beginning. Hiked it with a Mazama group and did a little off-trail to the forks of Herman Creek. Get ready to hop and duck a few fallen trees here. If you want solitude, this hike has it aplenty.

One of my favorite hikes... Herman creek to deadwood camp. up and up, but great views of the gorge and tons of giant trees. more wildlife on this trail than most others in the gorge. difficult hike.

If you want beauty and solitude, this would be your hike!

I hiked the Herman Creek Trail to Indian Point. The trail begins to climb immediately from the trail head and continues a steady climb the entire distance to Indian Point. I recommend taking plenty of water for this hike. I took two liters and ran out of water within one-quarter mile of beginning my return from Indian Point.

The forest is beautiful and the trail was very well maintained. The view from Indian Point is amazing.

I started my hike at around 2 pm and finished in about 4 hours. I recommend starting a little earlier in the day to reduce the possibility of having to finish when daylight is fading on the trail under the thick forest.

We hiked the herman creek trail head to the indian point. The trail is all steep and fairly hard on a rainy day. I recommend to do it on a drier summer season. Though the view on the indian point is amazing. The trail follows a lush second growth forest. Once you get to the Indian point summit you get a view of the columbia river gorge and the dog mountain near the town Hood River.