Gwynn Creek Trail

Gwynn Creek Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Florence, OR that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Cook's Ridge and Gwynn Creek Loop

Just did this hike with my wife yesterday, The hike was a very beautiful hike, from the trailhead we went counter-clockwise and it was a steady climb has a few ups and down but nothing too major to complain about. The climb from the Gwynn creek trail to the cooks ridge trail is about .7 of a mile up it steep but not too steep, and then you are on top of the mountain on the cooks ridge trail which was very nice. Now it did drizzle on us and it was windy good thing we brought some layers because we would have froze up there. My shirt was soaked and I'm glad I brought an extra shirt to change into other wise I would have been miserable. from there it is about 2.4 miles to the visitor center trail head it is basically a big circle that leads back to the center we went right and it was ok to walk on. from there we went the 1.25 miles back to our start point the last 1 mile of the hike takes you along the PCH above the highway and it was very beautiful windy and rainy otherwise a typical spring day on the coast. We will be doing this hike again, this is a great hike to do while at the coast.

Ok.. So the 3 trails meet up at the ends and I intended to do the larger loop. The signs are not good and I ended up doing circles between the three trails...5 hours and 14 miles later, I found my way back.. I had a picture of the map on my phone and my battery died. So, it hat is why I have this app now and a portable battery charger. If you are directionally challenged, be sure to take a paper map:)

Great coastal forest hike in beautiful cape perpetua. 6 miles plus of lush greenery, tall trees, sun bursting through. see pictures.

Pretty trail with many beautiful large trees and lush foliage along a stream that you get some peaks at along the way. Easy to navigate loop. We took the Cook's Ridge trail from the visitor's center so that we could loop back on the Gwynn Creek trail. Here on the coast it's a good idea to always expect some wind, rain and a damp trail. We experienced all of those but this is a nicely maintained moderate trail. The elevation gain provides a nice gentle workout and you need to be able to step over some small streams of water and a log or two. You get a few views of the ocean along the Oregon Coast Trail headed back to the parking area. This trail is located closer to Yachats than to Florence if you want to find a nearby place to have lunch. Our dogs loved the trail. (Keep them leashed.) Very much worth doing to see the beautiful trees and to hike along a very nice coastal ridge trail.

One of the wetter trails in this dense coastal rainforest, Gwynn Creek trail crosses many rivulets flowing down to the nearby creek. Prepare to get muddy as you gaze up at the tall, old, moss-covered trees.

Beautiful, winding trail following the creek.
Steady, fairly easy uphill climb to top.