Goodman Trail

Goodman Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dexter, Oregon that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November.

old growth

A well wooded trail that runs along side an inlet. After a brief climb, the trail crosses a few small creek beds before taking you through tall trees and fern lined views. Just short of two miles in, you will come across a small waterfall, that is very rewarding to your hike. Continue to the right just a few hundred yards to a large log bridge and Goodman Creek. Great picnic spot and turn around.

1 hour ago

We went in November and it was wet but not too muddy. We also turned around at the log bridge so it was just about 4 miles round trip. The ending log bridge with its pebbly beach is great for kids to hang out in after the journey for lunch.

Nice trail, not too difficult, but a bit wet mid-February---will try again when dryer

This trail is much longer than the app states, probably by about a mile. Several parts of the trail were poorly kept and at one point, there was no way across the creek without risking to go in. Following a road back in my book does not count as a loop trail and I even had to walk right next to the highway to get back to the trailhead. As for the sights, there's not much of the creek.

Great hike. Mostly shaded.Not very well marked but the path it's pretty easy to "decypher". Bearly saw anybody on the trail.

Fantastic trail, especially if you go all the way to the top.

Trail is mostly shaded by trees and brush with small glimpse of the sun. I didn't run into any waterfalls, however there were a few streams and ponds. Half way into hike is a small lookout, which I guess is the view. Very beautiful. The hike is very strenuous, so I would recommend to stretch prior to hike.

it was a blast.

Awesome trail.

What a beautiful treat after a nice hike through the forest.

It was beautiful but we were praying for any kind of sign out there. The trailhead was easy enough to find but 3 hours in and we kept hoping for some sense that we were still on the correct trail. Instead we found some bikers who let us know that the Goodman is most certainly NOT a loop trail. It's just an In & Out. So don't expect the relaxing comfort of a loop, go in knowing you are gonna hike to a National Forest road and then you just turn back around.
Other than that, the little waterfalls were great, the creek was always at our left. Saw reptiles and owls and the first part of the hike was shaping up to be the best. After the confusion of getting lost, anxiety and a some inexperienced paranoia crept in and overshadowed the "out" trip back.
Oh, and the lake water is toxic to people & dogs so bring plenty of water for everybody.

Easy, scenic, quiet trail. Took it as an alternative to Hardesty due to my little baby girl.

Fun hike. I had the trail all to myself on a Thursday morning. The trail was quite muddy in some places which made it slippery. Cute, comfortable bridge at the end for taking a little rest and enjoying the scenery.