Goodman Trail

Goodman Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dexter, OR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November.

old growth

A well wooded trail that runs along side an inlet. After a brief climb, the trail crosses a few small creek beds before taking you through tall trees and fern lined views. Just short of two miles in, you will come across a small waterfall, that is very rewarding to your hike. Continue to the right just a few hundred yards to a large log bridge and Goodman Creek. Great picnic spot and turn around.

This trail is much longer than the app states, probably by about a mile. Several parts of the trail were poorly kept and at one point, there was no way across the creek without risking to go in. Following a road back in my book does not count as a loop trail and I even had to walk right next to the highway to get back to the trailhead. As for the sights, there's not much of the creek.

Great hike. Mostly shaded.Not very well marked but the path it's pretty easy to "decypher". Bearly saw anybody on the trail.

Fantastic trail, especially if you go all the way to the top.

Trail is mostly shaded by trees and brush with small glimpse of the sun. I didn't run into any waterfalls, however there were a few streams and ponds. Half way into hike is a small lookout, which I guess is the view. Very beautiful. The hike is very strenuous, so I would recommend to stretch prior to hike.

it was a blast.

Awesome trail.

What a beautiful treat after a nice hike through the forest.

It was beautiful but we were praying for any kind of sign out there. The trailhead was easy enough to find but 3 hours in and we kept hoping for some sense that we were still on the correct trail. Instead we found some bikers who let us know that the Goodman is most certainly NOT a loop trail. It's just an In & Out. So don't expect the relaxing comfort of a loop, go in knowing you are gonna hike to a National Forest road and then you just turn back around.
Other than that, the little waterfalls were great, the creek was always at our left. Saw reptiles and owls and the first part of the hike was shaping up to be the best. After the confusion of getting lost, anxiety and a some inexperienced paranoia crept in and overshadowed the "out" trip back.
Oh, and the lake water is toxic to people & dogs so bring plenty of water for everybody.

Easy, scenic, quiet trail. Took it as an alternative to Hardesty due to my little baby girl.

Fun hike. I had the trail all to myself on a Thursday morning. The trail was quite muddy in some places which made it slippery. Cute, comfortable bridge at the end for taking a little rest and enjoying the scenery.

just hiked this past week. awfully muddy and trees fallen on trail. not clearly marked (got lost) but it is quite beautiful. great shots . and quiet. definitely enjoyable. pet friendly. kid friendly sewn elderly out hiking. ( awesome) really love it up there. will do again. several more trails in the area I would love to explore

Very muddy this time of year but an easy, beautiful hike.

Advice, anyone? We drove according to the directions on the map, followed it exactly. Followed lost creek road until it became a narrow logging rd, and kept going for the exact mileage per the map marker on this app. Found no trailhead, no signage of any kind. We even got out and walked around a few places off of lost creek rd (near the creek) and no evidence of a trail could be found. Can someone please tell me how you got there?

Great trail lots of up and down the way out is just as much up as the way in . Gorgeous forest a few cool little camp sites along the way

great day trail

I love hiking this trail early in the season, but mud can be a real problem for the first mile. Watch for rough skinned newts - these amphibians like to hang out in the trail and can be hard to spot. In cooler temperatures they are quite sluggish, so take care not to squash any.
The last log bridge that you encounter isn't very stable, so if you don't trust your balance I'd recommend hopping stones to cross instead.
The trail ends at the 4 mile mark rather unceremoniously at a gravel road. Here you can either turn around, or continue up Eagle's Rest trail, which begins across the street and is another 3 1/2 miles to a great view.

Great hike