Fort to Sea Trail

Fort to Sea Trail is a 6.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Warrenton, OR. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

6.3 miles 665 feet Point to Point

Great out and back trail. My Suunto read a total elevation gain of 1,500 miles. Lucked out and only saw one other person on the entire trail during the entire run.

Great 1,500 elevation gain on the 12.5 mile out and back. Only saw one other person during the entire time I was on the trail. Very well marked and the upkeep of the trail was impressive.

Can't figure out how to edit my post I just made, but elevation gain meant to read 1,500 ft, or course.

The fort to sea trail is a beautiful hike but you must know that the section from sunset beach to the Hwy 101 tunnel can be treacherous in the farmer fields with the switch back fencing and the big Bull that might stop your hike fast. Check out my pictures of the bull.

Definitely my favorite trail so far!

One of my favorites. I always try to make sure I do this trail whenever I visit!

The best way to access the trail is at the Sunset Beach parking area. From here you can go 0.35 miles to the beach or head inland towards the fort. You also avoid paying the National Park fee by parking here. The trail is well traveled and easy to follow. Depending on when you go the trail may have long grass growing on the sides, but it will be periodically mowed. It does cross a couple roads and the trail runs along some cow pasture at points.
The trail placement marker by All Trails is not the best place to access the trail. There are signs in the Perkins Road area discouraging parking for the trail.

It's roughly 6 miles, easy, not a loop and you can't ride bikes on it.
A car shuttle is required.
Goes thru cow pastures, beach forest and evergreens, very scenic route from Ft Clatsop to the ocean or vice versa.

Great trail! This was second hike. The first time we got lost on way back when we took slough trail & had to double back. This time we took slough trail right at the beginning. It was a moderately challenging uphill climb for this fairly new hiker. I would go again.

The views are gorgeous and trail is well maintained. This trail, when combined with the Kwis Kwis trail, makes a nice loop of 8 miles.

I have hiked this trail several times and each time there is something new and breathtaking. Great trail to hike on, riding bikes is okay, but there is a lot of sand towards the end of the trail making it difficult to ride. The scenery is stunning and there is educational information posted along the way that is great for children to discover.

We took our high school cross country team here for a run during our summer xc camp... it was perfect. One big hill in the middle, and you have to weave through a couple cow pasture gates which is fun! Awesome trail run! Around 6 miles, and there are more connecting trails at the fort.

Me and the family hike this area all the time. We especially enjoy the Ft. Clatsop area due to so much access to other trails.

Easy trail about 6 miles long not 8.5 as it says in the overview. Most of it is wooded and it's very scenic. If it's slightly rainy out then you also get some shelter in the woods. Do a shuttle and start at the beach parking lot leaving a car in Ft. Clatsop. Also great for runners but you can expect a long hill. Good anytime of the year.

Many different variations including a spur from VC to some historic recreations.

Beautiful trail!!! Lots of variety from grass to rock to wood bridges to sand to cow fields and beautiful trees and rain forest all around. Half the hike is runnable terrain as well as in the sun vs shade. Enjoy!!!! I did.

Excellent time of year to hike this trail! Pretty much a rain forest for half of the trail that starts at the Lewis and Clark NHP visitor's center and descends into a lush wetland valley that is teeming with life. The rough skinned newt is breeding at this time, and the Salmonberry is blossoming. After the trail crosses under Highway 101, it cuts through pasture land where the cows are grazing, then through a wind-blown coastal forest that has a nice small lake. Elk can be seen grazing on private property near here. Just after the lake is Sunset Beach Recreation Area, maintained by Oregon State Parks.

This is a moderate trail that does have some muddy portions, but overall is very accessible and safe. For the less strenuous adventure, I would recommend a shuttle for a one-way hike to the beach.