Fort to Sea Trail

Fort to Sea Trail is a 6.3 mile point-to-point trail located near Warrenton, Oregon. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking.

6.3 miles 659 feet Point to Point

Perfect fun, easy day hike!

Great out and back trail. My Suunto read a total elevation gain of 1,500 miles. Lucked out and only saw one other person on the entire trail during the entire run.

Great 1,500 elevation gain on the 12.5 mile out and back. Only saw one other person during the entire time I was on the trail. Very well marked and the upkeep of the trail was impressive.

Can't figure out how to edit my post I just made, but elevation gain meant to read 1,500 ft, or course.

The fort to sea trail is a beautiful hike but you must know that the section from sunset beach to the Hwy 101 tunnel can be treacherous in the farmer fields with the switch back fencing and the big Bull that might stop your hike fast. Check out my pictures of the bull.

Definitely my favorite trail so far!

One of my favorites. I always try to make sure I do this trail whenever I visit!

The best way to access the trail is at the Sunset Beach parking area. From here you can go 0.35 miles to the beach or head inland towards the fort. You also avoid paying the National Park fee by parking here. The trail is well traveled and easy to follow. Depending on when you go the trail may have long grass growing on the sides, but it will be periodically mowed. It does cross a couple roads and the trail runs along some cow pasture at points.
The trail placement marker by All Trails is not the best place to access the trail. There are signs in the Perkins Road area discouraging parking for the trail.