Fawn Lake Loop Trail

Fawn Lake Loop Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Crescent, OR that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until September.

Directions from Crescent: Travel east on County Road 61 to its junction with Highway 58. Turn north onto Highway 58 and then east onto Forest Service Road 60 and on to the Lake and campground parking lot.

My wife and I hiked to Fawn Lake, returning by way of Pretty Lake, making it a bit over 8 miles total, parking at the trailhead near the boat ramps off NFD 60.

We came prepared, with ample water for the 5 hours it took us (stopping at Fawn Lake for a while of course) and an impressive array of insect assault countermeasures. Both the water and the repellents saved our life, or at least the half-day we spent hiking.

The trail was bone dry all the way and the aforementioned bugs of all stripes clearly knew we were coming; we finished the day fully hydrated and without a single noticeable bite. Would fully recommend the same prep to anyone planning a July outing to Fawn lake.

The (Fawn) lake IS beautiful and I could have given 4 stars if it wasn't for the few 'downsides': parched landscape, bugs, quite a few blowdowns on the Pretty Lake section, 'not enough' views (subjective) considering the surroundings,
Pretty Lake trail a bit eroded by winter and spring precipitations.

Pretty Lake is less 'postcard' material (typical 'lake in the woods') but I would recommend doing the loop anyway for a bit more variety.

I may go back to Fawn Lake, but it would be either earlier (April/May) or a few months later. Nevertheless, if you are interested in hiking up there, do it! It may not be Yosemite or Yellowstone but it sure is pretty enough :-)

Nice gently sloping hike through trees. Can be hot and dusty so bring extra water. Milage wrong on app. It's 4 miles in and 4 miles out from trail head at Crescent Lake parking lot.
Water is cool and refreshing for wading or swimming.