Eagle Creek to Punchbowl Falls

Eagle Creek to Punchbowl Falls is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cascade Locks, OR that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible from February until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Spectacular path passing many waterfalls, winding through old-growth forests, and along the edges of cliffs. Mild falling hazard in spots, keep the kids and dogs close, but it is family friendly. Some of the ledges have been blasted and offer great views of the canyon below.

Did this hike on 12/5/16 and it was raining about 70% of the time but was still amazing!!! I would suggest a good rain jacket. It was beautiful and the trees off in the distance had snow all over the tops of them. I took pictures and have put them up here. Hiked down to the Punchbowl and even took my socks and shoes off to walk through knee high water to get pics of the fall. The water was cold af!! Will for sure come back during the summer when it's hotter and I can all the way to the fall. It even started snowing while I was at the bottom. A sign said the bridge was out as well as other reviews here so we didn't even attempt to go to it and we didn't start hiking until around 1pm so it was getting dark quick. Love the hike. Will go again for sure!

Perfect hike to see many waterfalls. Punchbowl falls is very unique shape. Not very hard or steep, but very very long. Did this in the end of November and was not prepared to get drenched in constant water. Wear waterproof everything. One bridge is broken, which means you'll have to cross the flowing river yourself and risk slipping. Otherwise, the trail is in good condition with chain grips in narrow parts. Was surprised to see so many people here, so it must popular all season.

This is a great hike with a photogenic falls at the end. If you hike down to the creek be sure to walk up stream to the base of the falls. We got an early start (7:00 am) and beat the crowd on got some great shots.

We absolutely loved this hike! It's not one for younger kids or those afraid of heights as there are a few sections with cliffs on one side. Our dogs did great and enjoyed the Punch bowl. We went at the perfect time when the Coho and Chinook Salmon are spawning! Definitely recommend this hike!

Busy trail, but gorgeous. I assume mid-summer is more fun because you can swim to the punchbowl. Nevertheless, easy walk, amazing scenery, I'll be back for sure.
Careful on slick sections-- thankful for the cables in the rock

great for 5 Year olds!

Such a beautiful hike definitely will visit again!!!

Beautiful trail. We did this in the rain and there were still a few other hikers around. Not an gradual incline with a few narrow areas. When we went there were some falling rocks and some slick areas. But it was raining.

We went earlier around 9 and there were maybe a few people on the trail, on the way back there was maybe 10 or so but it still wasn't as busy as I thought. Extremely beautiful. My favorite hike so far and I've done a lot! The water is freezing but it's an opportunity you can't miss, you have to at least wade in a little. I'd do this over and over again.

Very busy trail. But an easy hike

What a fun and easy hike, and would highly recommend this hike to anyone for their first time driving along the Gorge. This is a perfect summer time hike; even though I hiked it last year in the spring. There are other trails connected to this one and if you have the time to keep on exploring the path ahead. It's great for couples too, even if you are not the hiker type. The waterfalls were amazing too!

I hiked this trail for the first time this past Tuesday. I started at the trail head and went all the way up to twister falls, about 6 miles. The trail was empty on the way out starting at 8:30am but by the time I made it back around 3:00pm it was packed. I will definitely be back for this one but probably not for the entire hike in one day. There are camp sites at the 4 1/2 mile mark so that will most likely be my next trip for this trail.

Great hike, just super crowded. Couldn't see the falls very well from the lower trail.

Easy hike. Really crowded.

Super fun hike! Just know it's mostly inclined and there's a few parts that don't have a ton of walking space near the cliff! Just be careful (: