Devil's Peak

Devil's Peak is a 5 mile out and back trail located near Butte Falls, OR and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and rock climbing and is accessible from July until October.

rock climbing

It's A long hike but worth it, figure about 11 miles.

Hiked on October 31, 2015. Total miles hiked was 11.5 miles out and back. The sky was full of clouds and there were strong wind gusts in the saddles and on top of Devils Peak. Great views of Alta, North, Middle, South, Grass and Cliff lakes. The trail is in good condition and s pretty well signed. There are trails that lead to King Spruce Springs, Alta Lake and Cliff Lake. You can see Frog Lake to your right and is only a short distance from the trail. The lake was very low. As you continue on you can look up to your right, you will see Venus, Jupiter and Lucifer Peaks. Your journey will take you to the PCT where you hike for a very short distance before you head up the hill on the left to the top of Devils Peak. It was so windy that I had to set up my camera and mini tripod down in the rocks and support it with my gloves to hold it in place while I took a picture or my friend Dawn and myself. We only encountered 2 people hiking out from their backpacking trip into Alta Lake.