Cooks Ridge Trail

Cooks Ridge Trail is a 6.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Yachats, OR that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail! I hiked this trail as part of a multi-trail hike. Started at Cummins Creek Trailhead, then broke of at the Cooks Ridge jucture and took it till Cape Perpetua. I then took the Oregon Coast trail west back to the road that takes you to the Cummins Creek Trailhead, which was a short walk back to the car.

This is a great trail to visit multiple times, as there are many different trails connected to this one, each with their own character. Good trail for getting into shape for more difficult adventures.

We love the big trees along this peaceful ridge trail. The trail is wide and nice to walk the dogs on. (Keep them leashed.) Very nice hike with few optional loops of varying lengths branching off this trail. It was a little windy, a little rainy and a little damp along the upper portion of the trail but that's what is to be expected in the lush green forests along these beautiful Oregon coastal ridges.

I'm a trail runner and I love running at the Cape; several trails that can connect together or you can run seperatly. Cooks Ridge is a nice trail that takes you from the vistors center up through old growth forrest in a short amount of time; and then the climb up the ridge continues with a pretty good climb in elevation (over 1600 feet) until you come to a split in the trail where you can continue on to Gwynn's creek or head down toward highway 101 and back to sea level. Very foot freindly trail compaired to most trails I run on. This is probably my favorite short loop to run on. I have ran all the trails in the area several times. I love Yachats.