Clackamas River Trail

Clackamas River Trail is a 14.8 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Estacada, OR that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Directions from Estacada: Travel south on Hwy. 224 for 16 miles to Rd. 54. Turn right onto Rd. 54, Fish Creek Trailhead parking is on your right across the bridge. The trail is located at the far end of the parking lot, across Rd. 54.

decent but you can't go too far back because the fires have damaged the area

Not heavy traffic durning the middle of week. Nice and shaded.

Gorgeous scenery, multiple falls, also hiked up to Pup Falls. Can be done as a one way if you have transportation. If doing only half the trail in and back, recommend the upper half as the trail is in much better shape.

This was a great trail!! I would rate at a moderate do to the up and down hills. But a great way to spend the day. I was there on memorial day weekend and it was pretty crowded. You walk along the Clackamas River the whole way to pup Creek Falls. The falls are amazing but no good place to take a lunch break right next to the falls.

beautiful but has some pretty dangerous parts especially with kids where trails washed away I did the whole trail I have done easier ones rated difficult....at one point we had to hang over edge around fallen log...and another hang on exposed root from erosion and swing up ..scary especially if heights get to you. Very beautiful but if your not a risk taker I recommend start at Indian Henry hike to pup creek falls and turn back still at least 5 miles no real danger but you do get your feet wet in pup creek crossing it ..and you see the most beautiful parts .

Beautiful day. Great hike along the river. A little up and down but very easy hiking. Only had one car so not able to complete the length of the trail. Will have to come back with more friends and another car so we hike through one way and drive back.

this trail is closed due to the fires

Nice trail with steady alternating uphills and downhills. Tried to go to Pup Falls on the side trail, but couldn't make it in all the way. Saw glimpses of it through the trees, but the side trail dead ended half way in. Tried to follow the creek up, but that was way too difficult.

Gorgeous hike but for someone who hasn't been hiking in awhile it was brutal. Definitely should have done it after doing some easier ones first to get back in the groove of things. Took our dog, on leash of course, and she killed it like it was nothing. honestly if I wasn't totally wiped out right now I would rate it higher because the views were phenomenal.

Nice hike along the river with some pretty falls

Loved being along the river the entire hike, 11 year old son and 4 month old puppy did great! We went to pup falls and returned back to car. Hike was primarily in the shade but the day was gorgeous. Moderate hike with great scenery, a lot of places to hang by the river or in the woods to take breaks.

I hiked this trail on Labor Day weekend expecting at least a small crowd, but I got there in the mid-afternoon and it wasn't crowded at all. The few that were there were leaving as I started the path. The path itself was okay just a repetitive up and down along the Clackamas River. The best part by far was arriving at Pup Creek Falls. Its 237 feet tall and I was the only one there. I didn't even pass a single person on the hike back. It was like having a forest all to myself. I definitely want to come back to explore the waterfall some more.

I have hiked this trail 3 times now. Easy hike to do. Nice scenery and close to home.

really nice river hike. fairly easy. It was a nice winter day, and the trail was clear. there were some down trees but nothing to hard to get over or around. really liked it, hope to go back in the summer.

I hiked this trail from the fish creek campgrounds, to Pup Creek Falls. It is a BEAUTIFUL hike. I hiked late Oct. and the fall colors were lovely. I hiked with my dog, and just saw a handful of other hikers. The trail was steep in places, and crossed a few streams, with rock foot steps. all around a gorgeous hike along the Clackamas river. I plan to do it again in spring when the flowers are in bloom.