Castle Crest Wildflower Garden Trail

Castle Crest Wildflower Garden Trail is a 1 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Chiloquin, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until October.

Directions from Annie Spring Entrance Station: Drive 4 miles northward to the Steel Information Center. The trailhead lies across Rim Drive from Park Headquarters.

So I've done this trail twice with visitors: once it was pretty spectacular for it's length with such a diversity of wildflowers, but last week it was still very snow covered. We could see things popping up, but no color yet! It is a nice short walk, and is good for just that.

I would have rated this higher but we went in late August and, as expected, were too late for any significant wildflowers. I can imagine how beautiful this little hike would be in early spring. We also got off on the wrong trail and found ourselves at the park headquarters. Turning back we finally found the proper trail. It is short but had the wildflowers been present, would have taken us a lot longer to complete the trek. The trail does meander across a small and beautiful stream several times and is very tranquil experience.