Cascade Head Trail

Cascade Head Trail is a 5.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Otis, Oregon that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

beach

In winter it gets very muddy. Trail follows road first segment. Excellent views of the coast once you reach the top. Saw a herd of elk. Had to turn back the last mile due to wind chill and mud. Best to do in the summer. Parking is free but good to donate anyway.

Great trail, beautiful view :)

Amazing view of the Pacific on this hike. I will say though the one view there is is really all the hike offers. The lower view in my opinion is better then the high view which is harder to get to.

The hike was really fun and easy to navigate through, even with the foggy weather rolling in towards the end of our hike. My girlfriend and I chose this hike because it was close to Lincoln City and relatively a short hike for us; a great couple's hike. The views of the coast line was awesome until the fog came in with a slight drizzle of rain, so we had to head back. It was a nice little workout to the top and I would recommend this hike to anyone, just plan to check the weather before you go.

Wonderful hike!!! Gets your heart rate pumping once you get to the coast. Nice options to continue going up or to enjoy where you are at. Would definitely do again.

No dogs allowed- they have volunteers that are out and enforce this rule

today was my first trip to cascade head and it was wonderful. as others have said, the views are just beautiful! the trail is very well maintained and that's not surprising as it is a NC project and I didn't go in winter ;) steady but not killer climb, nice breeze, sounds of the Pacific Ocean, wildlife everywhere and plenty of forest to enjoy. I don't hike at the coast much and this was a real treat.

Shaded most of the way except torwards the top. Got very hot in the sun, better to do on a sunny day in the 60°s. Lots of roots on trail, good trail signs for direction.

Even though we went on a foggy day, the views were still great. This hike includes forest, fields and lots of hills. We will do this again on a clear day to see the views that were covered in fog.