Cape Sebastian Trail

Cape Sebastian Trail is a 2.9 mile out and back trail located near Gold Beach, OR that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding.

Did it today with my dog Brook. The very beginning isn't much, a couple viewpoints and an asphalt trail, which I strongly dislike. Just past the half way point it turns into a nice trail. The bottom 1/3 has some really good views and is a very beautiful trail. There were quite a few small trees across the trail due to recent storms but easy enough to navigate. There's a short span of crab rope to get you onto the beach safely. Brook loved the beach part as she crashed a few waves. Only met up with 3 people on the trail. The next time up I'll take trail north...

This hike was beautiful. We didn't make it all the way down, but there were stunning views & the difficulty was just right.

Great trail! Kind of slippery from rain but absolutely beautiful.

Starting from the bottom of the trail is nice, in that is seems to me to be better finishing a hike with a down hill stretch. However, you need to park at the scenic turnout off 101 just to the south of the park, and before it turns up the mountain. It's probably just shy of a mile from there to the ropes that start the trail. At a low tide the beach is wide, at high tide there is some scrambling over a patch of rocks and landslide material always sliding out to the ocean. This, being the start of that season, means there are some small trees down across the trail, none big, and all easy to crawl over. The rope to get on the trail at the bottom is intact, even with the lower post loose. You do need the rope, it's slippery.

Nice hike. I took the left trail that heads South. Great Views, then some forest, the it opens back up for some more great ocean views. Alot of elevation drop from the top of the cape down to the bottom of the trail so if you are a beginner I would recommend starting at the beach so you can get the up hill part of done at the start of your hike. I found this hike to be easy, but some of my less experienced hiking mates found it a bit more challenging.

This is one of my favorite trails in the area. I like starting out at the Beach and walking along till you reach the bottom of the trail and then take it to the top. It is a great ending and spot for a little picnic.

I was rather disappointed. The first 1/4 mile was very nice, then just a walk through the woods with a lot of elevation change. Turned around at 3/4 mile.

From the trailhead there are two choices for this hike. Go "left" towards the south. Great views, fragrant forest, and then it finally ends up above a beautiful set of rocks where you can comfortably watch the waves crash and view further south down the coastline.

I went with my nieces and there friend, thinking this was going to be a leasure moderate hike. But it turned out to be quite treacherous and almost dangerous. We are a family who hikes regularly and were just surprised that it was not what we expected.

This trail was awesome! Love the views & the variety on the trail from the tree tunnels at the top, the lush green to the switchbacks. The roping at the bottom it helpful for getting down to the beach as it was a bit tricky.

Beautiful hike. A little muddy in some areas but it should be expected since it is in the middle of the winter. A little work on the return. start early in the morning since you'll be stopping taking pictures of the beautiful scenery.

It's one of the most beautiful trails I've been on. Ferns, wild Iris, Pines that are so fragrant. We hike more than what was tracked. It's a must hike!