Boulder Ridge Trail

Boulder Ridge Trail is a 7.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Welches, OR that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Directions from Sandy: Travel east of Highway 26 for 15.4 miles and turn right (south) at the Wildwood Recreation Site, where the trail begins. Wildwood is located in the wooded strip between the east Brightwood exit and community of Wemme.

despite being in the "civilized" rec area, it was a lot more confusing to find the trailhead than an uncivilized trail off the beaten path. wish the signage was better as i wasted a lot of time just looking for the trailhead.

There are many drop offs, the S.Health tracker I used said total elevation was 3850 and we never did make it to the end of the trial...
I think the 7.5 mile is to the tope if there is an end! the trail it's self in bad but it is straight up and moderate needs to be changed...

straight up, and not 7.5 miles!! I planned on a 7.5 mile hike and at 4 miles we had to turn around because we still wernt at the tope by the time we got back to the car we had done 8.2 miles! it would be nice if you would make it clear if the 7.5 miles was one way or round trip! and I believe moderate is an understatement!!! there were some beautiful views...
we attempted this hike April 29, 2016
I use the S.Health tracker started it at the parking lot as we began...

I attempted this hike yesterday (mid-April). The weather was rainy a couple days before so the start of the trail was very wet and a little slippery. It seemed like it would be a beautiful, if steep, hike but (at least at the beginning) there are drop offs that my mom (who hates heights) was nervous about. We ended up turning around maybe 1/4 mile up with the promise to try it later in the year. But, from what I saw, I would not rate this hike as moderate, unless it levels out after the first half mile or so.

It was a very nice hike on a chilly / crisp / very clear day. I'm sure it's a little more crowded in the summer months. There is only one real nice view of Hood otherwise after that first view the rest of the official trail is nice forest. You might get a better view if you continue onto Plaza trail but I stopped at the official trail maker that split the trails. It was a pretty good day hike workout to get my mind off the home buying process.

Great day for a hike. Started late but back to the trailhead by 6:00. Saw lots of wild flowers along the trail. The trail was in fair shape with only a few blow downs across the trail in one place. A good breeze kept us cool on the way up. Had a snack on small Boulder pile at 3 mile mark. Not sure about the "4.3 miles" for the hike. Our calculations put the end of the Boulder Ridge trail at about 3.7 miles. Here the trail changes names to the Plaza Trail. If you keep going on Plaza Trail you will come to a open "bolder ridge" at 5.0 miles according to our GPS. Great views of Mt Hood, Mt Adams, and east Portland area from this open ridge. The trail continues on if you want more of a work out. Our GPS showed a total elevation gain 4700 feet to this 5.0 mile ridge.

Great trail. No real end. There is a couple if boulders at about 4 miles with a great view. The trail goes on from there.