Bonanza Trail

Bonanza Trail is a 9.5 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Welches, OR that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and camping. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Took our dog, great trail to avoid the crowds, saw one other person in 4.5 hours out on the trail on a beautiful Saturday over 4th of July weekend. Distance is a bit off, really around 11 miles round trip. The first 2 miles is a leisurely stroll, and then you climb around 2,500' over 3.5 miles, so a good workout. Not the hike for amazing views, the 'end' is really just a trail intersection, not an amazing vista. There's a clearing a few hundred to the left of the trail intersection, but nothing spectacular. Go to enjoy the forest and peaceful quiet, not for the views.

Painfully difficult, but worth every step. This trail is STEEP. Definitely not something for inexperienced hikers or anyone with respiratory problems. You'll be wheezing even with a healthy set of lungs, but if you can make it to the end, you won't regret it. Beautiful trail, beautiful hike. Start early, and bring extra water.

This is an awesome trail but it is brutal. This says it's 7.8 miles but is you start at the trailhead and all the way up is about 11.8 miles. It is so steep. I'm a recreational hiker, I hike a lot but I wouldn't say I'm an expert, but this was a very difficult hike at times. It's close to 5000 ft. And at one point it climbs 2,800 feet in 3.5 miles to the ridgetop. And that's freaking steep. Take lots of water and food. Go early. It took me almost 7 hours. I wouldn't recommend taking dogs. It's very narrow and too much for a dog in my opinion. And definitely not for children or inexperienced hikers or people who are out of shape. Your heart will be going like you just ran a marathon. I could stand up straight and then stretch out my hands and touch the trail. That's how steep it was. I'd say it's a 9/10 for difficultly. Have fun! So beautiful. Take bug repellent and your camera. Go early. Also keep in mind you are climbing a mountain. It's freaking hard but worth it.