Barlow Butte Trail

Barlow Butte Trail is a 3.7 mile out and back trail located near Government Camp, OR and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from June until October.

The trail head was about 50 yards before the main parking lot on the left and about 50 yards down the dirt road on the left. Trail was in rough shape "just the way I like it" some fallen trees, branches and over grown in spots just follow the signs. I tracked it with Alltrails app and found that the trail I followed "Barlow Butte" didn't line up with the app, it forked off and according to the app map I wasn't on a trail. HOWEVER I WAS and ended up at the top of Barlow Butte" so don't freak out, just follow the sings and have fun. Other than that it was your typical mountain trail, stream, trees and a top of the butte with great views, though no real good view of Mt Hood. Short but the last part was a little steep for some good cardio.

this was a real cool hike. very easy trail head to find. not crowded. the last part (I guess 1/2 mile) is very steep. there are some places you can get off trail for some great views of Hood. the trail is easy to follow as well.