Balch Creek & Wildwood Trail Loop

Balch Creek & Wildwood Trail Loop is a 5.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Portland, OR that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible from March until April. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

To make the loop you will have to go through a neighborhood and cross the Thurman Street bridge and go down below the bridge to loop around.

Great hike especially with kids.

Long, challenging in some places, absolutely gorgeous!

11-27-15. Only giving 1 stars. This place had everything I dislike in over traveled trails, many many people, dogs and dogs off leash (not everyone like your dog like you do) the trail was more like a dirt road it was so overused, I thought for sure we would round a corner and see a Starbucks. Oh yeah... decided to take a side trail and ran across a cardboard/fern bum house. The only reason this got 1 star was no option for 0. Also broken car glass in parking lot, luckily not ours. I'll post a photo of the stone house ( with the graffiti ).

Great trail. Nice and easy for the whole family. The trail was a bit crowded and we had to walk single file. Parking was impossible and finding the trail head was a bit tricky but that could have been an error on my GPS. The old building was horribly vandalized and unkempt.

Nice trail inside the city, but just too many people.

The fact that this trail is within a major metropolitan city is pretty unbelievable, considering there is old growth nestled within this canyon. However, as a hike, it's a little too crowded for my liking. Dogs must be on leash or you will be fined if caught. If you have some small children or feel like getting out, yet not driving too far, then this is the hike for you. It is beautiful, don't get me wrong. The stone house is eerie and lovely. It's just that when I hike, I like to be relatively alone.

Fairly busy trail, but still very enjoyable. To make the loop you have to go through a neighborhood which made the hike interesting.