Alder Flat Trail

Alder Flat Trail is a 1.4 mile out and back trail located near Estacada, OR that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

wheelchair friendly

I've been here 3 times to date. Great spot for hanging out by the river when it gets hot. Lots of nice scenery and swimming opportunities. Many different species of dragonfly hang out here in the summer. There are also several camp sites.
Side note:
I'm not sure why anyone would tag this as wheelchair friendly as the last time I went there where several downed trees over the trail. The shoreline down by the river is quite rocky and I imagine would be frustrating to handle in a wheelchair.

Love it here

Easy hike. Its down hill to the river and camp spots and the elevation change is only around 300 feet so pretty easy on the way back to your car as well. Its 1.8 miles round trip. Great for first time hikers or if you want to get the kids going. No bathrooms or showers and the only water is out of the river. Lots of great fishing and swimming holes and I haven't been able to check them all but I was told there is 10 camp spots total. I will be going back next week and will add more info and upload some tracks.