Skyline Trail

Skyline Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, OK that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

bridge out

Skyline trail, Beavers Bend is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Awesome hike! we backpacked in and camped the first night and completed the rest of the trail the next day. This trail is definitely challenging, even before you get to the skyline trailhead. But it's nothing that can't be done! and it is well worth it. There are some amazing views along the way and plenty of decent water crossings to pump water if you need to. It's a great opportunity to get away, it was very quiet in most parts and we saw some wildlife including a white tail deer that came through our campsite early in the morning.

Great trail in a beautiful forest. Definitely challenging, but totally doable if your in decent cardiovascular condition. I would say that those who are not solid in their cardio should consider just doing part of the trail, and leaving the whole thing until your more ready. After about 3 miles in almost all the people we saw started dropping off. We had some of our group we encouraged to go back at about this time and were very glad for our sakes and theirs that they went back. They either would not have finished it or been pretty unhappy campers.

We go up into the San Juan mountains in Colorado and hike up there, and this is a great trail to prepare for the beastly climbs.

Most of the trail consists of ascending and descending large hills/small mountains. There are a few descents that are pretty steep and you could get super messed up being foolish or unprepared.

So my conclusion:

Great trail. Go for it. Just know what your getting yourself into, and leave those behind that either aren't committed or cannot realistically complete this trail safely.

have fun

Great trail some hard spots for sure. Love the challenge. Great way to spend a vacation.

This is a very beautiful trail, Some parts of it are not marked at all and because of the rain/storm it's a little tricky to follow the trail in those unmarked parts. The road/bridge to the southern part is washed away, so had to do the northern part then drive to the other side taking another road to continue the southern part. Saw a few deers, and a black snake too. It was around 11.5 miles and completed it in 4 hours and 15 minutes.

Second time, way cooler than July 3, gorgeous day clocked 10.6 this go round, killer mountain grades. Feeling the burn and loving it.

Not for the weak! An incredibly awesome trail with hella inclines. Bring plenty of water when it's hot! 11.89 miles. Good scenery. In place the trail isn't clearly marked.

This trail is about 12 miles, the comments on here saying it's only 7 is incorrect, they must have taken a short cut. If your gonna hike straight through like I did take at least 5-6 liters of water when's it's this hot. Great trail, awesome mountain inclines, there are four steep mountains that will wear you down but it's well worth it.

Hiked this trail in order to prep for backpacking in the Rockies. Elevation changes make the trail challenging, but the hiker is rewarded with beautiful views and hidden treasures such as a waterfall and swimming hole.

Amazing hike! Was the 2nd time we've hiked this trail, both time on Mothers Day weekend. 2015 we hiked it after big rains & in a rain/ lighting storm, but made it. This year, weather & trails were perfect. our route was 9.7 miles w less than a mile of road walking. some of the inclines are challenging, but a good work out. waterfalls, Creek crossings, river, gorgeous wildflowers, beautiful Vistas! Take note that one of the bridges is washed out so you might want to check w Park Ranger to see the best place to start. This trail is good for experienced hikers and families with older kids---not sure I would take young children.

It was really pretty! We both really liked it! Waterfalls were great lots of up and down hills. The trail was very clearly marked! The only issue we had was where ya cross the river at the bee camp ground we got a little bit confused. All in all we will go again

had a good time on this trail. not washed out. well marked. several water crossings though so water shoes would be helpful but not required. low rating for the lack of good topo maps. not that strenuous either just a few good up hills but seriously not bad at all.

favorite spot was the waterfall which you pass from the top but it also loops around to the bottom so you don't have to slide down the hill to see it like I did. also there's a great camping spot right by it.

I would definitely want to go back. trail is about 7 miles but adds 2-3 with walking the highway back to the trail head.

Feb 14 2016, The park just reopened on Feb 10, 2016 after the past December floods. My group and I hiked the southern end of the trail and were expecting what others have posted about the trail not being marked very well. I brought some flagging with me just in case. I get there and the southern half is marked very well ( trees are blazed) and the trails are easy to follow. The paths are worn and hard not to miss. Unfortunately I did not hike the whole trail since the bridge at the north end by the damn was washed out by floods this past December. There are a couple steep spots on the part of the trail that we hiked but nowhere nearly as difficult as some say. We will come back to finish this one.

Not maintained. Unfortunately, that has become the norm for the Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend area trails.

Great workout,me and my wife had a great time!!

I hiked in via the Cedar Bluff Nature Trail and spent an overnight on Skyline. I didn't hike the entire thing as the N/NW end has a washed-out bridge, and I didn't want to end up so far away from my car on the north end of the park, so I hiked in about halfway and turned around. The trail could use some maintenance; lots of fallen trees blocking the path, and the blazes near the Cedar Bluff trail were almost nonexistent in places. There are areas where it appears an old part of the trail is closed and has been rerouted, but there aren't enough blazes to make it apparent which way to go. I ended up being briefly off trail twice, before backtracking and figuring it out.

Other than that, the scenery is really awesome on the E/SE side. Lots of bluffs overlooking the park and the water features below. The elevation changes on the trail make for a nice workout, and could be described as strenuous. I'd love to go back sometime if I hear the trail gets some much-needed TLC.