Skyline Trail

Skyline Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, OK that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

11.6 miles 1929 feet Loop

canoeing

fly fishing

bridge out

Skyline trail, Beavers Bend is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Not for the weak! An incredibly awesome trail with hella inclines. Bring plenty of water when it's hot! 11.89 miles. Good scenery. In place the trail isn't clearly marked.

This trail is about 12 miles, the comments on here saying it's only 7 is incorrect, they must have taken a short cut. If your gonna hike straight through like I did take at least 5-6 liters of water when's it's this hot. Great trail, awesome mountain inclines, there are four steep mountains that will wear you down but it's well worth it.

Hiked this trail in order to prep for backpacking in the Rockies. Elevation changes make the trail challenging, but the hiker is rewarded with beautiful views and hidden treasures such as a waterfall and swimming hole.

Amazing hike! Was the 2nd time we've hiked this trail, both time on Mothers Day weekend. 2015 we hiked it after big rains & in a rain/ lighting storm, but made it. This year, weather & trails were perfect. our route was 9.7 miles w less than a mile of road walking. some of the inclines are challenging, but a good work out. waterfalls, Creek crossings, river, gorgeous wildflowers, beautiful Vistas! Take note that one of the bridges is washed out so you might want to check w Park Ranger to see the best place to start. This trail is good for experienced hikers and families with older kids---not sure I would take young children.

It was really pretty! We both really liked it! Waterfalls were great lots of up and down hills. The trail was very clearly marked! The only issue we had was where ya cross the river at the bee camp ground we got a little bit confused. All in all we will go again

had a good time on this trail. not washed out. well marked. several water crossings though so water shoes would be helpful but not required. low rating for the lack of good topo maps. not that strenuous either just a few good up hills but seriously not bad at all.

favorite spot was the waterfall which you pass from the top but it also loops around to the bottom so you don't have to slide down the hill to see it like I did. also there's a great camping spot right by it.

I would definitely want to go back. trail is about 7 miles but adds 2-3 with walking the highway back to the trail head.

Feb 14 2016, The park just reopened on Feb 10, 2016 after the past December floods. My group and I hiked the southern end of the trail and were expecting what others have posted about the trail not being marked very well. I brought some flagging with me just in case. I get there and the southern half is marked very well ( trees are blazed) and the trails are easy to follow. The paths are worn and hard not to miss. Unfortunately I did not hike the whole trail since the bridge at the north end by the damn was washed out by floods this past December. There are a couple steep spots on the part of the trail that we hiked but nowhere nearly as difficult as some say. We will come back to finish this one.

Not maintained. Unfortunately, that has become the norm for the Broken Bow Lake, Beavers Bend area trails.

Great workout,me and my wife had a great time!!

I hiked in via the Cedar Bluff Nature Trail and spent an overnight on Skyline. I didn't hike the entire thing as the N/NW end has a washed-out bridge, and I didn't want to end up so far away from my car on the north end of the park, so I hiked in about halfway and turned around. The trail could use some maintenance; lots of fallen trees blocking the path, and the blazes near the Cedar Bluff trail were almost nonexistent in places. There are areas where it appears an old part of the trail is closed and has been rerouted, but there aren't enough blazes to make it apparent which way to go. I ended up being briefly off trail twice, before backtracking and figuring it out.

Other than that, the scenery is really awesome on the E/SE side. Lots of bluffs overlooking the park and the water features below. The elevation changes on the trail make for a nice workout, and could be described as strenuous. I'd love to go back sometime if I hear the trail gets some much-needed TLC.

Great hike! The start rides along the river/creek and then works its way up the "mountain". Trail is tough, narrow, and steep. Markings can be improved as we couldn't find our way past the high power electrical lines.

Very challenging! We packed in 3 miles then set up our camp. Beautiful streams and views. The trail itself was extremely challenging with packs on and it was not properly marked. Half the time we didn't know if we were on the right trail or not and the map they gave us was useless. All in all it was a great adventure. We will be back!

Will be going back again! Was a bit disappointed that some of the trails did not loop back around, but overall it was a great time! Some of the trails are easy, and some are for skilled hikers. Signs are posted outside some of the trails warning you of the level of difficulty.

I have very mixed feelings regarding all of the trails in the park. While the trail has wonderful sights and it beautiful and very challenging, the trail is not properly marked or maintained. It is very easy to get lost, it connects to trails that have been washed out for several years yet the maps and park has made no indication that you'll run into any problems. I came to a point where the trail seemed to end on a private road and could not find where it picked up again on the other side which resulted in a 4 mile hike back to my campsite. Later I found out that they had marked the trail with a piece of caution tape stapled to a tree.

I LOVED the challenge of the trail, but ultimately was disappointed by what I expected of a state managed trail. Take ample water and probably some light snacks in case you get lost and are out longer than planned.

Skyline trail is great, for day hikers who are in average to top physical shape. Bring at least 2-3 liters of water, or a filtering system and reload your water in the streams. Water from the stream tastes great. Remember to capture water from the moving portion of the stream, for better water quality. This also a great test for your next back country trek. We decided to try the "test", glad we practiced here. This is a tough trail with full pack load. GET IN SHAPE if you are planning to carry your maximum backpack weight. Hiking sticks or poles are a must while backpacking. If this is your first backcountry trek or practice trek, calculate for less than 1 mph speed with full pack (up to 10 hours trail time to complete Skyline). Beautiful landscape, even in February. Our Scoutmaster ordered up a "California" weekend with a low of 30 and a high of 70 and no rain! Try to pack some binoculars for the scenic views and night time star gazing. Pretty sure we saw Jupiter's moons.

Great time! Camped at the primitive campsite that split the overall trail in half. Definitely had a few steep challenges but overall was a blast!

Great trail very scenic. We were able to take our two Great Pyrenees along for the hike. We were also told to allow AT LEAST 7 hours maybe 8. We each had 3 liters of water. We checked in at the visitors center & Frank the Naturalist was very informative great guy. He told us to park at Cold Hole just the other side of the river as the beige from the trailhead was washed out. We were also told starting at that end was the more difficult. We started at 10 and after a vigorous 8 miles counting the walk on the road back to the car at 3 we were done in 5 hours! Frank was quite surprised when we talked again at the VC.

Amazing hike but very very difficult due to steep inclines going straight up and straight down! Literally straight up and down. It will take 7 hours, which the ranger told us after 7 hours. Get a filter to refill your water bottles at the natural springs which are beautiful and refreshing! You can't bring too much water for this hike, it's pretty rough even for experienced hikers but amazing!!!!!