Sequoyah State Park: Red Section

Sequoyah State Park: Red Section is a 8.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hulbert, OK that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

The Red Section at Sequoyah is rough and overgrown in places. At other times it is just following a road. However, this trail has sights for everyone and is a real joy to hike.

I guess the people who are complaining about having to trail find aren't very adventurous. after the first few miles, it's a little hard to find the trail. I had fun trying to figure out where I was. really pretty scenery.

The trailhead was clearly marked and quite pleasant. As we got closer to the lake, the obvious trail went away and the timbers piles began. If I recall correctly, this area received a ton of rain this past summer and the lake was up higher than ever before. The timber piles were the result of the flooding and made navigation pretty difficult. We ran into the same thing on the yellow trail. I am confident that this trail would have been awesome had the flooding not occurred, but I was left underwhelmed.

The trailhead is marked, that's about the last marking you'll see. Large parts of the trail are overgrown or just gone.