Rough Horsetail Nature Trail

Rough Horsetail Nature Trail is a 0.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hinton, Oklahoma that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

rock climbing

A very fun place to hike and camp, also provides designated repelling areas. Bring cloths that can get dirty for the red rocks do tend to stain cloths. There are multiple loop routes to choose from so you can hike it multiple times and choose different routes each time. The trail is very scenic and varied in its short distance. A number of short climbs and some areas that can be wet.

I enjoyed it a lot, short with a few climbs and easy to follow. Well maintained

Trail was nice until my daughter was two feet away from stepping on a 4' plus gigantic copperhead snake. Thank God I saw it laying across the path!!! Never have I seen a snake so large outside of the zoo!!

nice terrain for a change

Great short trail to do with a toddler. Lots of little bridges, streams, hills, and stairs to climb over. Waterhole, trees to climb on, side trails if you're feeling adventurous.
Took me and my 3 year old a little over an hour to walk this trail. We took our time and explored.

A fun hike, and a good opportunity to gain some sweat equity for your appendages. Yes, the rocks really are red.

Nice short hike. Interesting vegetation. Nice stream....

Well maintained nature walk. It's a good warm up walk for the rest of the trails in Red Rock Canyon State Park.

We did this walk with several toddlers & babies. They did great, the canyon walls kept the wind off us and nice and warm.