Roman Nose State Park Trail

Roman Nose State Park Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Watonga, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Cool place to visit and easy to explore

I go here often for a fun day hike! Always have a great time!

The trail was fun. Very easy to follow and the terrain changes frequently. I enjoyed the scenic views a lot. The best part was I found the little waterfall/spring and was able to enjoy my lunch by it. It's tucked away in there but if you walk directly behind the sign that talks about the spring you will find it. Also found a great spot on the trail to throw up hammock, and I enjoyed a nap.

Trail started out really cool but about a half mile in, it is closed due to "safety". And on the trail website the closure is not mentioned. I drove close to two hours for a trail that wasn't even fully opened.

Pretty good hike. Took the Mesa Loop trail up to Inspiration Point. The valley from the top definitely worth the hike. Climbed down from there and took the trail that runs right along with the lake. Did the Switch Back trail as well on my way back. Overall, a fun hike. I liked that you get to hit both the Oklahoma desert areas and the nicely wooded trails as well.

Drove to the Park specific to do the trails. I found the trails a little overgrown and unexciting. the Campground was uninviting so I drove on and stayed at Red Rock State Park. Looks like I am in the minority. Many others did better reviews.

This was a just okay hike for me with a few views.

Fun trail! Could have been marked better, made a couple of wrong turns, but hey, that's exploring!

It was a fun and rewarding hike. The only issue was many of the trails were unmarked and there was no clear exit. I would suggest marking the trail as you go.