Roman Nose State Park Trail

Roman Nose State Park Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Watonga, OK that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Cool place to visit and easy to explore

I go here often for a fun day hike! Always have a great time!

The trail was fun. Very easy to follow and the terrain changes frequently. I enjoyed the scenic views a lot. The best part was I found the little waterfall/spring and was able to enjoy my lunch by it. It's tucked away in there but if you walk directly behind the sign that talks about the spring you will find it. Also found a great spot on the trail to throw up hammock, and I enjoyed a nap.

Trail started out really cool but about a half mile in, it is closed due to "safety". And on the trail website the closure is not mentioned. I drove close to two hours for a trail that wasn't even fully opened.

Pretty good hike. Took the Mesa Loop trail up to Inspiration Point. The valley from the top definitely worth the hike. Climbed down from there and took the trail that runs right along with the lake. Did the Switch Back trail as well on my way back. Overall, a fun hike. I liked that you get to hit both the Oklahoma desert areas and the nicely wooded trails as well.

Drove to the Park specific to do the trails. I found the trails a little overgrown and unexciting. the Campground was uninviting so I drove on and stayed at Red Rock State Park. Looks like I am in the minority. Many others did better reviews.

This was a just okay hike for me with a few views.

Fun trail! Could have been marked better, made a couple of wrong turns, but hey, that's exploring!

It was a fun and rewarding hike. The only issue was many of the trails were unmarked and there was no clear exit. I would suggest marking the trail as you go.

very nice park all around. clean and well maintained. Hiking is great, steep inclines and declines present.

The hike up to inspiration point was fantastic! The trail was clear and easy to walk. There were some steep inclines and declines, but easy over all. It was well worth the beautiful views you were met with when making it up to inspiration point.

I hiked all the way around the lake. A lot of really open areas and short Mesa or buttes to climb. A lot of up-and down hiking. I enjoy this place a lot and it's The short drive for me. If you go to Roman nose state parks, make sure you check out the trails west of the swimming pool. They are not very long, but they're very beautiful. Many natural springs to look at.

Had a good, winter hike today. There was quite a bit of mud on the trail. Near the switchbacks, the waterfall cave was frozen with huge icicles. Absolutely beautiful. Took two of my sons, 12 and 6. They loved it.