Kite Trail

Kite Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indiahoma, OK that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Very pretty trial, started at the bottom and worked out way up to meet with the Bison trail. 40 foot hole in the middle is the highlight. But there were also tons of bison at the end near the dam.

Very first time hiking and had a wonderful time!!!

A nice scenic trail. And easy!

Fun, easy trail. As you near 40 foot hole there are plenty of opportunities to lose the trail - since there are a lot of side trail/branches. However, all of these lead back to the main, or down to the water. Ended up spending 90 minutes exploring the water with The Kid and discovering a few boulders that could be fallen Titans. Worked our way down the creek/falls until forced to swim or scramble back up. (We went up.) We had to build our obligatory cairn along the way.

Very nice scenic trail. The Kite Trail itself is easy, but the crossing game trails and allure of the canyon views make it easy to get off-trail. It's easy enough to bee-line upward to get back on-trail. A canyon to one side and entry road (far) to the other will eventually get you from one end to the other if you get totally lost. The faux-trails along the canyon can be challenging for those just out for a stroll, but well worth it for the view. Sturdy hiking boots with ankle-support recommended.

Very nice hike, lots of scenery.

We love this short trail. We took our two babies with us & it was pretty easy. Great views.

Loved this trail!! Beautiful scenery. Very rocky trail. Cactus.

I love this trail. I go on it often since I live In the area. It runs right by the forty foot hole which is a well known local favorite. I would not take small children on this trail but older children will love it. As others have said it is a great work out but does not loop so be prepared to take the road back or turn around and hike back.

Ok maybe hard isn't quite the right word....tiring may be a better fit.

My kiddos and hiked this trail. I thought it was hard. We wondered off the trail a bit and did a lot of climbing up rocks and stuff like that so I was worn out. But of course the kids which are like energizer bunnies didn't seem phased until we got home. It was a lot of fun and a fun challenge.

Took my kids (6&12) to the Kite Trail. They loved it! It's not a loop, so be prepared to walk back. The scenery was beautiful, and the weather was great.

This is a great hike for all ages. Great views of the Narrows and surrounding areas. Spring and early summer are the best time to visit to see greenery, wildlife, and flowing water. The trail does connect at a south entrance. It's not a loop trail.