Clear Bay Trail

Clear Bay Trail is a 8.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Norman, OK and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, camping, and mountain biking and is accessible from February until October.

Nice trail great for a quick hike or a short one. Have seen deer and enjoyed watching the leaves change as the season changed.

This place is really nice and it's just outside of Norman on the east side of Lake Thunderbird.
The trails have been clear of all debris every time I have hiked here. The trails are very easy to follow and laid out really nicely. Some are kind of challenging and others not so much. What I love most is that there is several different trails to hike and so each visit can be a completely different adventure. If you live in Norman and want a nice walk in the woods near home please check them out.

If you are looking for doing the wood stuff do the gold trail and pull down by the dam and you can start there instead of going another 8 miles

Nice trail clearly marked. Saw a doe on the way in! The mushrooms were abundant and colorful. Coming back next weekend to do a few other trails.

Good trail nice place to just lose yourself from the world for a hour.

Spent an overnight, bugs weren't terrible the course was moderate not bad, there's four different loops associated with this loop, there's Green (easiest), Red, Blue, Gold. They are all fairly well walked with nice views being manly associated with gold, they are all interconnected, and thus to get to gold you stay to the far right or the loops, the transition from Blue to gold is not well marked and you will start seeing red and black checkered signs and red and white ribbons these are marking the gold trail for some reason. My friend and I had some wild dogs come to close to are camp at night for comfort, they made enough racket we both woke up and started are fire again to keep them back. They were looking for food but we had it all hung up. Other than that last little bit the trail was awesome it was my friends first trip backpacking so we took it slow and did this one so he could learn. All in all it was very enjoyable and I will probably go out again sometime soon!

nice trail, pretty views, moderate course. As with any trip to the woods in Oklahoma Bring DEET. My first hike with this app, it worked great when a fork in the trail was unmarked....definitely saved me some miles. we will be back with the dogs (& some vector tick repellent)

Hundreds! Literally hundreds of ticks. This is not an exaggeration! The trail was in good condition and the lake was beautiful, though you barely get to see it.

Nice trail. Very little traffic. Saw a rabbit and couple of turtles. I did walked away with a tick so don't forget the bug/tick repellant.

Nice trail. Not real scenic. Lots of fallen down branches and trees lining the path. Saw a rabbit, turtle and squirrel. Not strenuous but enough ups and downs.

Great trails for running or biking. Plenty of deer, snakes, hills, etc.

The trails are fun for all ages. I went with a large group off people, but there were dozens of ticks crawling all over us when we got off the trails. They were also the very microscopic ticks so beware!

Well, I'm sore! It has been a long time since I've been hiking and this was my first time back at it. My father and I went and hiked nine miles of the Gold Loop trail. It was a great hike with maintained trails (geared toward biking) and we thoroughly enjoyed our time.

The trails were pretty clearly marked and there were many options to take a "bypass" trail to cut out sections (some large and some small) of the trail. You could easily make this hike longer or shorter depending on what you are looking for.

There was a lot of up and downs but nothing that was unmanageable. The steeper sections (both up and down) were not too long or steep and added a nice variance to the hike. Most of them had a steep thrill built for bikes but had a path alongside that was easier to use on foot.

All in all, a great time getting back to hiking and I would do it again!

Did the 8.7 mile trek at the end of February. Scenery was mostly brown. Wished there was a little more greenery. The suggested trail was very confusing had to back track a couple of times. It was fun but not very memorable.

I really enjoyed my time here. Completed the red and green trails, but would like to do the blue trail. Does anyone know how to get to the blue trail without going through red and green?

this place is fun! i haven't been out there in a while after hearing its a mess. but, whenever i have gone out there, its a great time. found a bit of mud once, all the in the back, when a friend of mine & i went out. still fun. we just weren't expecting it.