Whitacre Park Loop Trail

Whitacre Park Loop Trail is a 0.5 mile loop trail located near Camp Dennison, Ohio that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The name of the park is "Whitacre Park." There is no "river" to see (closest would be the Little Miami River), and the trail is near Cincinnati, not in Cincinnati. I'm not a fast walker and I finished the trail in 15 minutes. If starting the trail in a counter-clockwise direction from the parking lot, ignore the "TRAIL" sign with the arrow that points to the right. That deadends in a hundred feet or so at someone's property. Go left instead. I would consider this an easy trail vs a moderate trail. I believe it's closer to 3/4 mile instead of a full mile.

Rough trail through some pretty woods. Very muddy trail when I went aggravated by horse access. At the right time and conditions this could be a nice exploration walk. On the wet evening I went it was a disaster. The trail dumped me out on the road, probably meaning I hit one of the many horse access routes. I just walked the road back to my car.

I went with my dog and it was a good hike not the best not the worst. It's a pretty easy hike good for beginners or maybe trail runners

This is also called Whitacre Park. I hiked it with my dog in the POURING RAIN, as it started when we got there. Maybe it was because I was walking quickly to hurry up and get out of the rain, but it took me 20 minutes to do. Definitely not worth it.

I only did a short piece of the trail as it had been raining and was super muddy that day. But overall, it wasn't too bad. Seemed to be a fairly moderate trail and has a great view of the Ohio River. Rate 2 1/2 stars for the short distance I did. (Disclaimer: I was hiking with a beginner who was not so fond of the activity.....)

I hiked in at trailhead off of I-77, there's a small parking area and restroom there. Just down the road is another trailhead, for the Kinderhook Horse Trail. This one was way better as it takes you through a Pine forest. There are a few trickling creeks, and the tall trees gave a more unique view and definitely blocked out alternate noises from road, etc.