Wetmore Bridle Trail

Wetmore Bridle Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hidden Lakes, OH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Excellent trail with nice terrain. A lil muddy when I did it, but still enjoyable

It's a fun run! Enjoy this trail counterclockwise for running.

Been on my "CVNP bucket list" for a long time. We did Wetmore clockwise with Table Top Trail and Dickerson Trail on the way back too. Only a few people and horses on trail on the most stellar day of the year! Love this trail, feels very remote even though it's wide and runs close to Quick Road in spots. Good mix of up and down, switchbacks, and flats. Almost all shaded with a couple sunny spots. Lots of interesting scenery including deep forest, beautiful creek crossings, pine groves, and incredible fields of goldenrod as far as the eye can see in what the trailhead sign says were old farm fields. Couldn't resist trying Dickerson even though it says Bridle Trail Closed and what a treat. Brushing back bushes almost every step and there are several places where the trail just vanishes but walk a few minutes down the creek bed and you can pick it up eventually on one of the banks. So spoiled by the immaculately maintained trails we enjoy in CVNP, it was awesome to "rough it" just a little....

Had a great time hiking this trail with my wife. A Saturday morning and saw just a few hikers and runners - no horses. It rained 3 days ago, still quite a few muddy places, but they all had easy walk arounds. Good. and hilly but manageable if you've been doing some hiking. Lots of neat looks into the woods. Stream crossings were nice. Never had to get the feet wet. Great off the beaten path trail.

Mostly forest, some hills, moderate hike

More remote than some of the other trails in the CVNP and not as populated. One of my favorite trails for when I need a good workout. Great place to take dogs as well. Just make sure they won't be too frightened if you do come in contact with a horse.

The 4 mile hike is pretty hard

A good challenging hike for a guy who's been used to 2 mile outings. Kudos for everyone on here who tipped me off to the mud. I came prepared and wasn't really bothered by it. Had I worn sneakers I'd probably be a glass cage of emotion. Loved the elevation and windy paths. My only real pet peeve is when a trail runs adjacent to a road and you hear cars passing by. I'm sure this was to make path loop as wide as possible for distance to accommodate horses. No biggie. All in all great hike and I would go again.

Fantastic trail overall, excellent views of valleys and a few views overlooking a small river.

Be warned that after heavy rains some of the river crossings require you to either walk through calf deep water or to balance on fallen tree nearby the path. This would be fine unless you have a dog or toddler along with you, which would normally be no problem on this trail. Two more bridges would solve this problem.

With that said, in dry weather this is an excellent trail. It's a rutted out by what seems like frequent use on horseback, but it's not awful.

One of my new favorite trails in the area. I took my dog and strapped on her pack and also took my camelback and we were on our way. The trail is definitely a moderate to difficult level. We went after it had been raining so the mud made it extremely hard especially considering all the elevation changes.

The trail is very steep and narrow at some places for a challenge. Since this is a bridle trail I had some trouble going off to the side when passing by two groups of horseback riders, so be on the lookout to find an area if you hear them coming.

We ended up crossing three creeks/rivers total which was nice to allow my dog to lay down and cool herself off.

Overall I believe this is a great trail that would be amazing for training, wether it be running or backpacking. There are plenty of attachments to lengthen the trail and help increase your stamina. Watch out though for days after it has rained because you will get mud everywhere.

Nice trail. It is actually a bridle trail. The biggest issue with this trail is a complete lack of markings. If you were hiking in snow, you would have no idea if you were on the trail or not.

Not a good idea to try and hike these trails when its snow covered and frozen and raining. only went half way

Great trail with newer Forrest and transitioning farm fields. Lots of ups and downs streams to cross and a healthy dose of horse manure. ( easily avoided). As noted it does connect with Langes trail although it appears Dickerson is closed. There is also a connection to Pine Lane that I would like to try.

Trailhead is on Wetmore road, not Northampton. There are connections to multiple trails and I ended up making it a 7 mile loop by connecting Wetmore and Lange's trails. You'll cross the stream multiple times... it wasn't too deep though. Overall a fun and somewhat challenging hike.

The trail name is actually "Wetmore Bridle Trail." It is a great (minimum 2 hours) hike any time of year through meadows and dense woods. You can connect to Langes, Dickerson . . . for longer routes. Be prepared for steep slopes and cooler temps in the woods. It is especially beautiful (and sunny) in the winter.