Sugarcreek Metropark Green Trail

Sugarcreek Metropark Green Trail is a 4.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellbrook, Ohio that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sugarcreek park is over 500 acres of walking and horse trails near Bellbrook Ohio.

Wide trails with a few good climbs.

Great paths. A lot people walk, hike, run here so expect some congestion. Nice with creek, lots of tree cover, some scenic stuff to see.

A little crowded for me and an easy trail to walk. It is a well manicured trail with little elevation changes. We had a great walk but we were looking for something a bit more strenuous.

Well marked trails with nice scenery. Trails almost too wide and too nice of condition - not many roots, rocks or uneven steps to contend with.

First time visiting on my OH Flip-flop trail running quest. Nicely groomed hiking trails...I managed a 4.5 Mile single loop with a number of spur-trails off main loop. It was not too difficult (I ran in flops) and was VERY well marked with posted maps at most major trail intersections. Nice rolling terrain/hills that follow back and forth along the creek...pretty area and worth the visit.

Great trail. Just went for the first time Saturday. Wide trails that made it easy for us to talk side by side and plenty room for the dogs. The rocks across the creek were fun going across. Nice inclines.

Went on probably the first nicest day in 2016 so far, the park was packed and the ground was thawing so it made for an interesting soupy mess. This was my first time at Sugarcreek Metropark, I really liked the park. My dog and I did about half of the park. I like the elevation changes. We will be back later this year to check it out with leaves on the trees.

Great trail.

Sugar Creek Metro Park is a great, relaxing and not too difficult trail system about 20 minutes from downtown Dayton. You can run the perimeter for a good 5K trail run, or add in the other groomed trails within the park to increase the distance. I ran the bridle path last week after a rain storm...it was a soupy, goopy, horse-poopy mess...but great training for longer trail runs that take you through rivers, swamps, etc. The park is beautiful, with older growth trees, open spaces, creeks and enough hills to make it fun. Definitely worth a visit.

Great relaxing trail

I absolutely love this trail. I was visiting from out of town, and Sugarcreek sparked my interest. The trails were earthen after a very short paved route from the trailhead. I did not pack my trail shoes on this trip but I did not have any trouble navigating the terrain on my 6.3 mile run. Most of the paths are wide and very well maintained. It has well-marked waypoints marked by number. Finally, the creek crossings, Osage Orange Tunnel, and Three Sisters (550 year old oak tree) was very mentally and visually stimulating.

A very nice trail that is well marked. It was a little muddy when we did the trail on 12/11/14. My sister and I hike a lot and this trail is on our list of trails.

Sugarcreek MetroPark is just one of several great parks in the Dayton/Montgomery County Five Rivers MetroPark system. It is locataed very close to Dayton, Ohio and not too far from Cincinnati. Due to its location, the park can get pretty crowded on nice spring and fall days so I recommend getting there early to avoid the crowds.

This is a pretty easy hike with very wide trails and not too many hills. We have hiked this trail in the spring, summer, and fall (still want to get there in the winter). There are many wildflowers that bloom here in the spring and the fall colors are spectacular (see my fall color photos) due to the wide variety of hardwoods in the park.

Even though the Green trail is only 3 miles, there are other trails that interconnect if you would like to get more distance or spend more time in this great park. The Orange trail and the Three Sisters (300 year old oaks, but only two are still standing as one was struck by lightning and fell several years ago) come to mind, and are particularly beautiful in the fall.

I like this trail and this park as a whole, and it is great for a nice quiet hike. For the serious backpacker, though, it's not really suitable.

One of my favorite trail but wish it was longer. It is also very popular so there's less solitude but people around if you're concerned about walking or running by yourself

Nice trails that are at least two people wide in most areas. Love walking my dog there! Water fountain and dog water bowl at trail entrance by parking lot.