Red Fox Trail

Red Fox Trail is a 2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Goshen, OH that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, fishing, and canoeing and is accessible from September until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

2.0 miles Loop

canoeing

Directions from Milford, OH: Travel east on State Route 131 for 8 miles. Bear left on SR 727 and proceed 3 miles to the park entrance. Trail begins northeast of campground check-in station.

Beware the rain. Do not recommend within a week of a rain storm. If you get past the first 150-200ft, congratulations... It gets worse. Basically becomes a marsh, trail hard to follow.

Might be worth the walk in drier conditions. Will try again... Weather permitting.

This was our first tine on this trail. The start of the trail was open and an easy walk. There was very little invasive plants so you could see deep into the woods. As we got further along the trail the bush honeysuckle was blocking the veiws of the kake. We did see great blue herons on the lake but had to push these invasives out of the way. As we kept walking tge honeysuckle was growing over the trail, obscuring the trail in several places,

If you have young children that are unable to climb over fallen trees, you will be doing a but of lifting. Even though there gas been little rain recently, there are sohe soggy and muddy parts of the trail. In its current condition I would not recommend biking this trail.

This trail is a fairly easy trail. I just hiked it yesterday and it is VERY overgrown. But it is close to home and easily accessible from the campground.

spoke to a park ranger. "there are no mountain bike trails at Stonelick State Park."

I rode this trail early June and I was disappointed. I spent as much time lifting my bike over trees as riding, some areas were grown over by wild rose bushes resulting in unpleasant thorn encounters, and trail markers have faded or fallen making following the trail a challenge at times. Of the parts of the trail that I could ride, I very much enjoyed myself and my new bike. I will definitely give it a second chance of it were maintained a bit.

We have only hiked this trail in the fall, which I suspect is the best time. It is a very easy hike with no real hills to speak of. We traversed the loop in a counterclockwise direction and I recall a spot near the end of the loop where the trail was not very well marked. We ended up on a well-travelled side trail that led to the campground and needed to backtrack to get on the loop trail itself. (Not a big issue, you certainly won't get lost as you end up at the campground).

While there is no spectacular scenery on this trail it is a nice wooded hike, with good trails. It would be a good trail to introduce young children to hiking as it is short and easy enough that they could likely complete the entire hike themselves.

Stonelick State Park is not a "destination" location, but if you live close by and want a place to get some time on the trail it is a decent spot to check out.

Connect this with the Southwoods Trail, the Lakeview Trail, and the Beechtree Traill and you can get about 6 miles of hiking.

The Red Fox trail is a beautiful trail in the fall. This trail is rarely traveled, so you will have a chance to enjoy the sights and sounds of nature. In the fall and winter, the trail is easily lost due to few travelers.