Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath

Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath is a 26.4 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Independence, OH that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

26.4 miles 565 feet Point to Point

Unless you're on a bike I wouldn't suggest taking this trail. I hiked it and dealt with bikes almost nonstop from both directions.

I agree with Mairah that the traffic noise takes away from the experience. Other than the traffic noise it was a beautiful ride.

It was a nice bike ride. I only gave it a 3 because of the traffic nearby.

I do enjoy this trail but some parts u hear lots of noisy traffic that's not so relaxing . Awesome trail for biking in the fall it's so beautiful I love to take my daughter on my bike

The scenery along the trail was beautiful but the trail itself was very rough riding. Horses, bikes and feet had been on the trail when it was muddy & after it dried, it made for a rough ride!

I'be gone from Harvard Rd. in Cleveland to Akron and everywhere in-between! Has many great side trails, fishing
spots and various shops and nature centers.