Mingo Trail

Mingo Trail is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Akron, OH that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

The wooded Mingo Trail harbors a variety of wildlife and oak, beech and tulip trees. West of Shady Hollow Pavilion, the trail becomes quite rugged.

The inclines make for a nice workout. When you cross the road a second time, the trail is closed so we took the walking trail back. Still a pleasant hike for my puppy and me.

There were a lot of bugs and they were very aggressive and nasty today. Flew right into our mouths and eyes.

Too many bugs. Nice trail lots of hills

Very pretty trail with decent incline for the area. Not much by way of wildflowers, but you are surrounded by loads of beautiful green foliage and and an adorable chipmunk population scurrying about. Only downside was the fact that you have to cross a fairly busy road twice, and the waterfall is not so much of a "fall" as it is a two-foot drop.

Awesome day. Not to hot or to cool. First time hiking this trial. Some pretty good inclines that make for a good workout

Parked at wadsworth parking lot to start off sandrun rd. Followed green arrows. Not marked all the well for return trip look for parking lot below.

Nice. Hilly and slippery in mud.

Good elevation change for a workout. Well maintained but not crowded.

My mother, my twin and I went on this trail. There were nice views, clean bathrooms, and we'll marked paths. we would come here again. This trail is good for it'd you are wanting to workout. There's also nice picnic tables to sit ands easy at stress you are done hiking. :-)

Had a great time. I took the primitive route and it was very rough, uneven and great :) I had to turn around before I finished due to time. Will definitely go back!

Scenic trail, heavily wooded and follows the river. Difficulty level; moderate. Was rainy when I went and saw no one else on the trail, which was nice. Good hike, I would do it again.

Nice tree density that almost blocks out the occasional view of the road. Decent inclines are spread throughout the trail. A light rain augmented the tranquility and beauty of the area while perturbing the common hiker. Definitely worth checking it out.

really good trail. primitive and some nice inclines. few flat spots to allow you to run. quad burning lung busting! toughest trail I've been on in NEO. Going again!

Really enjoyed hiking Mingo Trail. It's quite hilly and primitive, so it was nice to have a more challenging trail than what I've been doing. Saw lots of chipmunks and a few deer. Loved walking along the water here and there.

This is the most difficult trail in the Summit Metro Parks. A section of it is classified as primitive. But if you want a work out....go for it. It is quite scenic(99% is woods) as are all the trails in the metro park system. Today the trail was snow packed, ice covered and muddy so it made for quite an adventure.