Lowe-Volk Loop Trail

Lowe-Volk Loop Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Galion, OH and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Dense Maple and Pine Woods along a creek. I started into this park looking for a geocache and was delighted with the hike enough to snap some pictures and follow the trails more than I had planned to. My path started by walking north of a large pond to follow a wide path mowed between a prairie grass meadow and a maple thick woods. At one path led into the woods. In places where the water sits, the parks district has constructed wooden planks to keep feet dry. This path went North toward the sandstone banks of the Sandusky River. On the return, I opted to complete the loop through a Pine Forest on the west side of the park. This trail weaved through 20 inch and larger pine trees along the bank of the river and then back to the Nature Center. Much of the park is wheelchair accessible including a couple of overlooks built on high ground overlooking the river. Beyond the overlooks, the trails get rocky, but are still clear and plenty wide. In the first five minutes of my hike, I saw a crane and a fox.

No one has reviewed this trail yet. Be the first!