Holmesbrook Park

Holmesbrook Park is a 3 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Wadsworth, OH that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

3.0 miles Out & Back

Holmesbrook Park totals 58.3 acres and is the largest park in the City of Wadsworth. The trails total approximately 3 miles with a handful of different offshoot trails that allow for shorter or longer hikes. Holmesbrook is a multi-purpose park filled with various walking surfaces from paved to dirt, picnic tables and park benches, bike paths, etc. It's an all-around great park with options for everyone. Holmesbrook Park continues to be developed with the goal of extending the trail to Friedt Park and beyond...

Poorly marked trail that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd think it wasn't more than a trail made by animals or water runoff except every once and a while there happens to be a random bench. Be sure to wear boots as there's no way to cross the creek other than trying to walk across loose rocks. Needless to say I slipped and I'm now soaking wet in late November.

Didn't like trail

Confusing trails and small park but still a nice change from the roads and buildings even for a brief time.

Not enough signs. Very confusing. The first time I went, the fork I chose emptied into a neighborhood. I thought maybe it would pick back up. No. Intering journey back to the car. Second adventure,stayed to the left forks, much longer. Trail became increasing thinner. I kept wondering if I'd wandered onto private land. Decided to turn around when I saw rt224 and homes ahead. Nice creek, and enjoyed seeing the fish. Bring a compass, flash light, friend, and start early :)

Nice hike although I would say there are some confusing trails that may just lead to a neighborhood, seems like a lot of trails were added onto the original trail to connect it up to different neighborhoods, and there is no sign helping you stay on the right path.

Very confusing trail. Parts seem to vanish and pick back up at random. Despite that, its gorgeous and never too busy.

There's definitely a lot of work to be done here, but you can see the potential. There's a few unique hills and bike trails, but it's missing the continuity. I'll also attribute part of that to the winter time and not being able to see some of the trails and such. It's a nice little spot, and I look forward to seeing its growth as well.