Hinckley Lake Loop Trail to Buckeye Trail

Hinckley Lake Loop Trail to Buckeye Trail is a 8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hinckley, OH that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The lake loop is a beautiful trail. I love walking in the evening as the sun sets. It is a perfect trail to either hike or run. The other positive to hiking this metro park is that you have the option to walk on pavement as well. This comes in handy if the lake loop is extremely muddy. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a challenge as the lake loop has a few hills. If you don't want to walk/hike at all the lake is great for fishing, paddle boarding, kayaking, swimming, et cetera.

April 3 hike. well it snowed last night about 2 inches. A good portion of the trail was snow and ice covered. Low spots were very soggy.

This is a great trail with beautiful views of the lake and wildlife. We went early in the morning about 8am on a Wednesday and I was surprised at how much foot traffic there was. In some places the trail does not continue and you have to use the all purpose sidewalk to make a complete loop.

did the whole loop. 9.55 miles. We finally have completed the whole Buckeye trail that runs thru Hinckley Reservation. Even walked into Richfield.

Fun loop can be fully paved or you can go off road a little bit

I hiked the Hinkley Lake Loop trail with my wife and wasn't overly impressed. The trail itself is pretty crowded with other hikers and fishermen, but the views of the lake are nice. If you're looking for a leisurely stroll through the woods, then this might be the place for you. I have heard good things about the hike to the ledges, but I haven't explored those trails yet.

My family hiked this today, the trail was a bit confusing and only minor terrain changes. Portions of the path are sinking towards the lake and I wouldn't suggest going within a couple days of rain. It was really muddy. Overall, the wildlife was interesting and the lake is nice. I love the dam area, but the abundance of dead fish and confusing trails detract a little from the experience.

I walked this today, (only the Hinckley Lake Loop Trial, 3.4 miles) Halloween, in rainy weather with my dog. This is one of the most secnic trails I have ever walked. You have a view of the lake almost through the entire walk. I rated moderate because of a couple of small hills but for me it was very easy to complete. There are several more trails in this area which is part of Hinckley Reservation in Medina County and is part of the Cleveland Metroparks. Parking is located on West Drive which is off of Bellus Road. The link below is a map of all trails for Hinckley Reservation