Grant Park Trail

Grant Park Trail is a 0.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dayton, OH that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

My husband and I had a great time on this hike. We saw two deer sitting in the brush as we were crossing the bridge. Trail markers are a little confusing but we managed to find our way back. The old stone chimneys were neat to photograph and the shells near the creek were great to see.

Great place to see deer and explore

Scenic creekside trail.

Giselle, my 2 year old and I had a great time hiking over to the creek where she threw rocks in!

I love this trail. The out and back trail is perfect for a short visit with Mother Nature and there are plenty of things to marvel at.

I always eat my lunch at the river about half way through the barn trail. The entrance can get a little muddy and mosquito-y but once you get into the thick of the woods, you won't be disappointed.

Really looking forward to having time to hike all the bigger loop trails sometime soon.

This is my favorite trail for trail running, great for hiking too. There are markers and maps throughout the trail system.

One of my favorite local hikes. Generally not as well traveled as others so can be peaceful. Great for cross country skiing if and when we get snow.

Good

This park has a network of five different trails: four loops and one out-and-back. None of the trails are well marked, and the many offshoots and miscellaneous other trails that crisscross the main trails make these even harder to follow and maintain your intended path. I would not recommend these trails for anyone who knows what a good trail looks like.

I hike with my two year old and husband... so hiking is always even more of an adventure. This path is easy... my two year old walked the first 1.5 miles of this hike and my husband carried her the last 1.5 miles. I recommend starting at the top of the yellow trail by the old barn and taking yellow to brown then back to yellow to extend the hike to three miles. It isn't the most scenic hike but its still beautiful. We have managed to see deer both times we have hiked this trail. We have also taken our jogging stroller. With two people its very easy to do only a few steps to carry it up on the path.