Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave

Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave is a 10 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Logan, OH that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Grandma Gate wood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Logan, Ohio that features a cave. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

beautiful scenery, great climbing (even though it's a no-no, but the old root branches basically are a helping hand)
with casual walking and a couple sites to sit and stare at the plant diversity, it took about 8, 8 1/2 hours of exploring.
wear good shoes, there's wet rocks everywhere and always a potential to slip.
happy hiking!

great views!

Excellent and relaxing hike.

The Buckeye Trail is wonderful! :)

awesome

It is more crowded than I would personally like, but it is very well kept and a beautiful park!

The views were amazing, breathtaking and otherwise too good for words. We had a blast climbing and I always take the more challenging route. That being said, there are a few areas where it is a bit more difficult and dangerous and I rolled an ankle! Thankfully I wear great boots. Thanks to James Sunyak for suggesting the start at Cedar Falls. It was much less crowded and also more challenging at the beginning when we were full energy and a more relaxed walk as we got tired. It is holiday weekend so the place was packed, but we came for fun, adventure and beautiful scenery, not seclusion.

Wish we had more time to explore this beautiful park!

Awesome!

As a avid hiker. Hocking Hills State Park is one of the most beautiful and scenic parks I have been to yet.

Hiked the blue trail, old mans cave to cedar falls. Did not expect the level of difficulty which included navigating over slippery rocks as well as thru muddy inclines. There is a Steep rock to climb over in last half of trail. We opted to climb up and down the alternate hill instead. There was also an area of hands and knees climbing. Although the sights were pretty, I was too nervous about falling and being injured to enjoy it. Would have appreciated a warning sign at beginning of trail. I would not do this trail again. There is no cell phone reception or any park rangers in sight.