Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave

Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave is a 10 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Logan, OH that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Grandma Gate wood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Logan, Ohio that features a cave. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

awesome

It is more crowded than I would personally like, but it is very well kept and a beautiful park!

The views were amazing, breathtaking and otherwise too good for words. We had a blast climbing and I always take the more challenging route. That being said, there are a few areas where it is a bit more difficult and dangerous and I rolled an ankle! Thankfully I wear great boots. Thanks to James Sunyak for suggesting the start at Cedar Falls. It was much less crowded and also more challenging at the beginning when we were full energy and a more relaxed walk as we got tired. It is holiday weekend so the place was packed, but we came for fun, adventure and beautiful scenery, not seclusion.