Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave

Grandma Gatewood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave is a 10 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Logan, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Grandma Gate wood Trail - Old Man's Cave to Ash Cave is a 10 mile out and back trail located near Logan, Ohio that features a cave. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking.

Absolutely stunning!!

Did this one years ago when I was still married. Was a wonderful trail and one I enjoyed a great deal with the family.

Some of the best hiking in Ohio.

A pretty good trail, heavily used on weekends for sure so pick your time well. The trail is easy to follow. The first 1/4 is what the trail is known for great rock formations and a large amount of well done park trails... here is where you will find most of the crowd. After the second mile the crowds thin a bit, but you will never feel alone. At 2.5 miles we went off trail and climbed up the ridge face to the upper trail which shortened the hike by 3 miles due to our time constraints. The trail is very well marked and easy to follow. The Lake is a very cool area to visit as well. Overall the hike is a good one and worth taking.

I went on a Sunday and it was very crowded with people. I usually go off the main trail when I hike here making it less crowded. It's a very beautiful place and has amazing scenery. It's one of my favorite places to go near me.

This is the Number 1 hiking trail in Ohio and is great for a good reason. Very photogenic! Take the gorge trail from the North falls all the way to Cedar falls then double back or take the Rim trail (directly above Cedar falls) past Rose Lake dam and back. Be sure to also visit Ash Cave while here.

Beautiful hike. Not particularly challenging other than trying to attempt it in 3 1/2 hours before dark!

Nice scenery, not incredibly challenging. Good time of year to go, get there early to avoid crowds

This trail was awesome!! I loved looking out from the fire tower and climbing over the huge rocks. I don't know that I'd consider it a difficult trail though. Also make sure you go when it's not busy. I started pretty early in the morning and it was a quiet, peaceful hike. On my way back there was way more traffic, and by the time I got back to Old Man's Cave it was extremely crowded making it feel a little too touristy for me. But overall I highly recommend!! It's a beautiful midwestern hike!! I will definitely be back

Beautiful scenery, good mix of terrain. Intertwined with many other trails.

Had great weather and the trail was not too crowded! Will do this one again!