Hopewell Trail

Hopewell Trail is a 2.6 mile loop trail located near Bethel, OH that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

East Fork State Park is a year round accessible park located in Clermont County OH. It includes a multi trail system including a 32 mile perimeter trail, along with 12 shorter trails of varying length that are good for all skill levels.

Very good trail for casual hiking in the woods. Beautiful area with great opportunity to see wildlife. The route marked on AllTrail here is NOT Hopewell, rather its called Adena, which is more intermediate. Hopewell is marked white. Adena is marked blue.

Good easy trail. Shared with bicyclists and a small portion is also a horse trail. But well worth it.

Good mountain bike trails. although was a little difficult maintaining bearings. First time trail riding may have been a factor

This is probably my second favorite area to hike near Cincinnati after Caesar Creek! I'd have to look up all the trail names on their website, but there's a slew of them to get lost on heading east away from the Hopewell that eventually take you to the road that connects to the "beach". The backpacktrail continues over a road and several bridle trails while never retreating far from the lake, then curves south to a loop running near a few campsites. South side of the lake is definitely better than the north (no horses) and part of it includes the famous Ohio Buckeye trail (blue blaze) that circles the entire state. I'd recommend staying away from the Steve Newman perimeter trail as it's always muddy, overgrown and and nowhere near the lake when I've tried portions of it (green blazes). The PDF park map seems to suggest those two trails are the same but I know that isn't accurate.
Anyone know where the trail crosses Sugartree creek on the southeast corner of the park? It actually ends at the lake's edge haha...

I just got back into biking and I biked the Hopewell Trail to have an easier start to acclimate to my new equipment. I punctured a tube my first lap. I had a spare tube...no device to put air in it. I returned the next day, with levers, spare tube, AND air pump in case my unfortunate event should catch me again. Prior to my bike issue, and the entire second day, I had a blast. Rode it again today and cut 8min off my time.

Visited East Fork Lake Park for the first time over the weekend ... nice place in general. I only had time to walk the li'l' ol' Whippoorwill and Fern Hill trails. I like scenery and these didn't have much, but they were nice enough.

Looked up the park on AllTrails.com and it refers to a 4.4 mile trail. Sorry if I'm not using this website correctly, but exactly to which trail at the park is the website referring?

Also, has anyone walked the Backpack trail ... how is it?

Thanks.

Love the trails for mtb good flow at times takes u by the lake, could be marked a little better trail.wise but I love it go there atleast 3 times a month.

Hiked the perimeter trail(green) today. Started at mm 32 TH and headed west. First mile or two were scenic and enjoyable. After that the trail was rutted, muddy and much standing water. I turned back after it felt I had bushwhacked the next mile or so.

Many good trails at East Fork but recommend you avoid the multi-use trails that allow horses in the low-lying areas.

Ran both Topo Adventure Trail Running races here this year. Had a great time though it was REALLY muddy. Would like to come back sometime to enjoy the trails more.

BACKPACKING
This is what I am primarily interested in...

I have hiked almost all of the foot trails - Steve Newman (32 mi) someday my friend, someday. I have attempted the SN - perimeter trail - several times now. It has been an uber wet season until now and uber hot season!!! Grrrr...

Anyhow if you are into backpacking and can't manage a trip far-far-away then hit up old East Fork State Park (EFSP). It is a good place to safely dial in all of your gear and really put you through your paces. I have hiked out in WV and there are spots on the Steve Newman trail that could really put a hurting on you (I am a big wuss bag tho)!!!

The sights are minimal at best (although Ridge Rd. offers some nice overlooks) the horse divots (understated) and horse poo are pretty ridonculous!!! Make sure you take water purifier (camp 4 during dry seasons has basically zero water)! GET A GOOD MAP TOO ($2 from ranger station or print off USGS topos - but u'll still need the trail map)!!! Wanna go - hit me up!

Laterz
MinAedio

Did the Red Fox Trail (orange blazes). This is primarily a horse trail (so watch your step), but a good length for those on foot looking for something longer. Excellent overlook of Harsha/East Fork Late about halfway through the hike. After the dry late summer, the trail was extremely dusty.

Starts and ends at horse day-use parking lot.

MOUNTAIN BIKING
I'm giving this an absolutely uh-maiz-ing ranking! While it isn't too technical - and all that jazz - I think for the newbie your gonna have a great time getting your feet wet out here! It does get difficult in places - what's an adventure with out struggle-tuggle.

As far as the whole park system goes; they have plenty of trails out there to hike or bike - and there is also the chance to go equestrain. They have short hikes less than a half an hour or bike hikes varying in difficulty. They also have hike hikes that can go for a few hours to a few days. So, what do you prefer??? Get there and grab some tree time!

You're gonna run into a few grumpy vets who just like to groan and moan because they want the woods to themselves. Sorry butt-faces, it's EFSP, smack dab in between Bot-uh-via, Ahm-el-eeuh, Befell, and Burg - you can barely escape the sounds of traffic and poo.

So, if you wanna grab yer Wal-Mart bike and start hitting trails right away - this is the place to do it! Buyer beware; I started with the good ole Walz-mart special, it lasted about ten trips out (I couldn't keep from traversing the obstacles ;) ) - but totally werf it! :) May wanna bounce up a bit and go with the Dick's ride - maybe you'll get a season out of'er!

Good luck and have tonz uv fun! Life's too short to let the enitiled flippin trail grumps bump you outta the woods!

The trails are designed mostly for mountain bikes, but running on them is fine. Get a view of the lake and get lost in the woods. beyond their 3 shorter trails, there is also a 32 mile perimeter trail that I have done bits of. I would recommend it, although I always seem to go after it rains.