Dawes Arboretum Loop Trail

Dawes Arboretum Loop Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Heath, OH that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

It is and easy and relaxing place to hike. I walked most of the trails and it was over 4 miles. Its a very picturesque and serene place to go. If you like birding it would be good as well. They have several distinct areas which represent very different types of ecosystems. It was very interesting.

We really enjoyed walking the grounds. Ended up scoping out a lot of items (Almost everything is labeled) that grow well in Ohio to plant at our house.

Firstly this is in Dawes Arboretum off of SR 13 in Newark. Dawes has 4 major sections (Main, Red Barn, Dutch Fork Wetlands, East) , this being in the main section. All of Dawes is wonderful and it's accessible all year round but most enjoyable Spring to Fall. Bring a camera, no matter when you go it's lovely. Staff are very nice, it's free (but a membership if you love it is a great idea). You will want to come back more than once. Check out their night hikes and special events too.

The driving instructions took me to an empty field! Look into googling the park before taking the posted address.

It was really nice lil trail. Leveled ground with no steep hills. Something you could take the whole family to with no worries

I love being at Dawes Arboretum... it is beautiful, the trails are pretty easy; but a great place to just relax and enjoy the beautiful outdoors!!! GREAT for a family picnic - I take my son all of the time, since he was 3, and he LOVES it- I cannot even drive in that direction without him getting excited that we may be going there!