Conotton Creek Trail-Bowerston to Scio

Conotton Creek Trail-Bowerston to Scio is a 11.2 mile point-to-point trail located near Bowerston, OH and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

11.2 miles 237 feet Point to Point

Paved rail trail voted in top-10 for fall foliage viewing (6 miles) This is a paved rail trail at the northern end of Harrison County. The trail itself is of a typical width with plenty of open space on eaither side, making the trail exposed and hot in the summer. The trail has plenty of wetlands so you'll see ducks, geese and herrons. On my ride I saw signs of beaver and some water-loving mamma ran across the traill, perhaps an otter. It moved too fast for me to get a good look. There are park benches, bird houses and picnic benches all along the trail's length. In 2004, the Rails-to-Trails Conservancy ranked the Conotton Trail number 6 in their top-10 trails for viewing fall foliage.

I have walked and leisure rode my bike on this trail. My favorite area is early spring and you can see all lily pads,cranes,farm animals and covered bridge pathways.

Nice trail