Castalia Quarry Reserve

Castalia Quarry Reserve is a 2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Castalia, OH that offers scenic views and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Saturday chores? I don't think so. Fabulous, blustery, 63 degree, sunny, mid February day. I'm outa here! Absolutely fabulous hike at Castalia Quarry. Main trail is a two mile loop on an easy, wide gravel road. I took just about every side trail I could find and there were plenty to be had. Some easy, some more challenging, but all beautiful and totally worth it. Beautiful wetlands and lots of old signs of life around the area.

My favorite trail I've ever been too! Would highly recommend to others

This is a closed loop trail of bed rock and limestone pebbles. It's on the Tim of an old limestone quarry and goes around in a moderate graded hill. I personally use it for hill training for runs. Dogs on leashes are allowed. Have never seen any mountain bikes but the tracks get there somehow. In this relatively flat area it offers some great views from the lookout tower. Sandusky bay bridge and the Davis besse cooling tower are visible. There are also shorter trails accessible from the parking lot.