Caesar Creek State Park Perimeter Loop Trail

Caesar Creek State Park Perimeter Loop Trail is a 11.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Waynesville, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

beach

bridge out

old growth

well marked trail. hiked from visitor center to day lodge and back...about 6 miles. except for a few small sections, most of the trail is easy. most of the trail follows the lake...very scenic

This is a fun hike that takes about 4 hours at a decent pace. Little under 12 miles for full loop. I would recommend starting at Fifty Spring Campground and going counter clockwise. This will put you near the visitor center just over half way, good place for a break. The all trails map is not correct near Clarksville Road. It shows following the road, but the trail stays closer to the lake is well marked. The 73 bridge crossing is not much fun, lots of traffic and not much room to walk.

I was so happy to get back to hiking after several days of biking. But they say be careful what you wish for because it may come true. This was a very long day. But beautiful views along the way.

The lake is gorgeous. The hike is a very long day but very worth every step of it.

I hiked the perimeter trail about a year ago. My plan was to spend the night along the way, but I ended up hiking the whole trail in one day. It was raining, so I decided just to head home. There are some nice views of the lake, a waterfall and a swinging bridge along the way. There was some road walking at both ends of the lake, which I'm not a fan of. It was a nice hike overall, though.

A video of my trip can by found on my YouTube channel at the link below.

Loved it! This is the Fork Trail and goes on forever but is by far not boring. Starts at a playground, into the woods, out to the open by the water, back into the woods to a small waterfall, and to a swinging bridge. Will go again!

I thought this was a great trail for those complaining it was to narrow or there was to many spider webs stop being a wine bag. It's called hiking and it's the woods. It took me 4 hours and 1 min to complete this trail I just didn't like that some of the off trials were closed, but I'll definitely be coming back.

We started at the boot ramp off of the SR 73 just after 9. We then went East (clockwise) around the lake. It took us around 5 hours and 30 minutes with breaks/lunch to complete. (We stopped for lunch at the visitors center which was a great break a little over half way.) Overall, the trail was okay. It was muddy and overgrown in several areas but the trees provided shade which was great. The most disappointing part was the lack of trail markings in some areas, especially on roads. Often, we guessed which way to go, hoping it was right. There were some beautiful parts like the falls and rivers but the poor markings killed our enthusiasm. Again, it was overall okay. My advice would be to avoid going when it has rained, find a stick to use to clear spider webs from the path, and note that the west side of the lake is more hilly so plan your route accordingly. Happy trails!

NOT GOOD FOR MOUNTAIN BIKING SERIOUSLY ALMOST DIED LIKE A THOUSAND TIMES!!

Carrying a bike up stairs LIKE FIVE TIMES sucked so badly..

Why'd this trail come up good for mountain biking? Straight lies.

The trail was so pretty though and by foot I would have enjoyed myself.