Brandywine Gorge Trail

Brandywine Gorge Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Northfield, OH that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

A relatively easy trail that loops above Brandywine Falls, but mostly travels around the picturesque gorge below. The waterfall is beautiful and one of the signature spots in the park, with a boardwalk to several nice vantage points. If you want to extend the hike, you can take the Bike & Hike Trail or the Stanford Trail to the Towpath Trail.

fun great falls. good place to hike for beginners and moderates.

What a beautiful hike this is! The falls were beautiful and the observation decks were a wonderful break from our hike. We really enjoyed the gravel trails, but there's a lot of loose slate and stone and it could pose a slipping risk for kids and even some adults. A lot of tree roots going over the trail and some larger rocks too. I will add this to one of my regular hikes just because it was awesome to be out in the woods right by the river enjoying a beautiful Ohio day.

Fun trail to do with friends!

This was a fun trail to do with friends! Easy hike.

Beautiful!!

The falls are amazing! Make sure to explore the ruined power plant at the top of the hill!

Falls is a great time to hike this trail.

Nice easy trail. Some elevation, but it doesn't make it difficult. Great views of the river and falls from any spot on the path. A great way to get outside for about an hour.

walked down to see the water fall, good idea to see that first, then took the trail down the other side. The sign clearly said the bridge was out, and we walked the trail anyway, got to the bridge and had to cross the river. Which was kind of an adventure. My husband didn't tell me where we were going, so I was in flip flops, and crossed. We crossed with our 2 year old and our 3 year old niece. Then climbed that hill at the end that was very steep, but the girls enjoyed themselves very much. Next time we'll be better prepared..and hopefully they fix the bridge..

Awesome trail but the "directions" dropped me a trailhead that was farther away. Id start at Stanford house next time. I went left to go down to the creek and did the whole loop. Good work out, nice view!

Nice trail..

Bridge is still out but if the water is low the stream is easy to cross. Very enjoyable hike that only took about 40 minutes. Waterfall was pretty.