Blue Hen Falls

Blue Hen Falls is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Brecksville, OH that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible from March until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Like many others, I had only been to the first fall since the sign said "End of Trail". I decided to go past the sign this time and it was great! I went around 9:30 on a Saturday morning in early October and there weren't a whole lot of people hiking the trail (the Buckeyes were playing later that day, maybe that was part of it...). The hike along the creek is a lot of fun! When you get to the second fall it's very peaceful and relaxing. I do recommend this trail.

hiked down to the falls and back, took the wrong trail up the hill after the turn around, but added to the fun. could've sworn we heard a growl!? had our small dog, so possibly coyote. will do again, next time come across the longer trail from the north

A short easy hike to a pretty waterfall. It is not far up the road, or the Buckeye Trail, from the Boston Visitor Center. You can also lengthen the hike by continuing on to Buttermilk Falls.

Awesome trail with two very scenic waterfalls. A must hike trail for sure!

This trail was great really easy to get to for the Blue Hen falls and a fun little hike to the other falls!

The trail is easy until you go past the falls then it is difficult and very basic.

Awesome hike. lucky enough that a front moved through the day before and brought a lit of rain. As mentioned previously, definitely worth the trip to Buttmilk Falls.

Pretty trail. Now I need to go past the trail end!

Go past Blue Hen and your reward is Buttermilk Falls. Beautiful shimmer off the waterfall on a sunny day. Moderate traffic and easy to navigate. Make sure you continue down the hill to below the falls to get the best view.

I returned and did the hike to Buttermilk Falls (past the sign the says the trail ends). Loved it! The trail to Blue Hen Falls is easy (but with a hill) but the trail to Buttermilk Falls is more challenging with some stream crossings, downed trees, etc. Great time! Crowded at Blue Hen on the weekend, but the unmarked trail not so much.

The actual trail to Blue Hen Falls from the trailhead is only 1/6 of a mile. I didn't read all of the reviews before I went or I would have checked out beyond the "trail ends" sign. I ended up exploring a bit of the Buckeye trail, which overlaps part of Blue Hen Falls trail, instead. Next time I'll venture beyond the sign. The falls are absolutely beautiful.

Beautiful falls, very scenic… A huge gaggle of dead bugs everywhere..

Loved this place! I would definitely rate it moderate though. Glad I didn't bring my mom!