Beechwood to Red Oak Trails Loop

Beechwood to Red Oak Trails Loop is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Cincinnati, OH that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and cross country skiing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Off of Colerain, turn in to Mt. Airy Forest Park. Take an immediate left. Keep going down the road past the playground until you reach a round about( obviously go right ). Pull your car over on the side of the road where the restrooms are and right next to them you will see a pole that reads Beechwood Trail. That marks the trail. Enjoy!

We went on a Saturday. We took my teenage son and his GF. We started at the tree house, which was easy to find. The dirt trails were easy to navigate, albeit very narrow in certain areas. The creek beds were completely dried up (it would have been lovely with water flowing). We started easily enough. The trails are marked, but somehow we ended up on multiple trails - started on E, ended up on H, which literally took us through the frisbee golf course. Not sure what that's about. We ended up on K and J somehow. We took a turn that led us on, what I'm assuming was a horse trail (there was a LOT of horse poop on the trail). It was adjacent to a main road, which you could see from the forest. That trail ended toward the road so we turned back around and my son found a shortcut to get back on a main trail. All in all it was a nice hike; the forest is very nice, it wasn't crowded at all, we saw some beautiful wild flowers. It would have been helpful to get a map (but we didn't).

I love this an dont git it doe

I really enjoyed this park/forest! There are so many trails (I preferred the trails to the South and West end of the park) criss crossing the park. The terrain took me by surprise considering it's location, but there's a lot going on! There's a huge stone staircase that kinda smoked me, wasn't expecting that but otherwise an easy hike. I also saw a couple of deer darting through at two different points. Overall a great place to get in a little day hike.

This is a trail we have hiked many times with our two dogs. It is part of Mt. Airy Forest and there are many other trails in the area also. We enjoy all of them. There are a lot of trees so the area is well shaded.

This place has a number of trails winding through the forest of Mt. Airy. I would say it is a light hike, not too much effort required. I would not travel from far away to hike at a place like this, but if you live in the area, Its a great place for a day hike!