Bedford Reservation Trail

Bedford Reservation Trail is a 13 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bedford, OH that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

Cuyahoga Valley National Park 15610 Vaughn Road , Brecksville, OH, 44141-3018 Phone: 216-524-1497 Fax: 440-546-5905

Took the bridal trail - however there was a spot where the trail forked, if you go to the right you end up running along the stream, eventually the trail ran to the stream with no option to cross so I had to turn around and go to the left side of the fork which led up a very steep incline. Once up the incline the trail was really nice. A lot of dead trees to jump over though. Also the was an area closed that had rerouting directions. Went about 3.5 miles before turning around at another steep incline and heading back for a total of 7 miles.

In one area I said 4/5, but really I would prefer this 3/5. The 4/5 is because Mother Nature herself was beautiful and the hiking was nice. It was a great workout, but both Bedford Reservation Trail and AllTrails maps were incorrect. The loop consisted of taking the Buckeye Trail and then looping around on the bridal trail. It showed descending and crossing the stream....however, there is nowhere to cross. When looking down on the current map on Bedford Reservation's website, I noticed it was from 2010.

We attempted to follow the stream a short ways in hopes of finding a nice, rocky area to attempt crossing the stream. We even took off our socks and shoes and made it about halfway across before the rocks underneath became too slippery and not safe. Where the bridal marker showed crossing the stream, there were steps going up a rock wall...but again, no way to get across.

After trekking it back up the steep incline all the way back to the Buckeye hiking trail, we had to walk back the full 7 miles, making it 14.1 miles for us, not the 12.1 listed.

When attempting to take a photo on the trail, I got kicked out of the app and when I got back in and clicked to continue recording, not only does it not track miles correctly, but I lost the red-lined trail map. This happens almost every trail I'm on and recording.

So my advice....when you get up to the park that is also part of the workout trail at the end, make the small loop and just come back in on the same Buckeye Trail you went out on!

Beautiful trails and mountain biking trails near a river with a waterfall.