White Butte North Dakota's Highpoint Trail

White Butte North Dakota's Highpoint Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Bowman, ND that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

For those state peak baggers out there... here's a short fun one! An extremely easy highpoint to nab, although getting there can be somewhat of a challenge. Don't forget to leave a donation in the mailbox! (see below)

This was my 14th high point that I scored. The hike was very easy to start off with. when you get to the actual climb you need to kinda look for the trail, there are a few of them that makes you think you are and then aren't. I came up one trail and came down another. but left the same way i came to the base of the butte. The view from the top was amazing, and seeing the different color of sediments was pretty awesome. Wildflowers were just coming out, so I got to see some awesome wildflowers that usually aren't seen. I almost lost my shoes twice in the white soil (i forget the actual name besides the fact that there is calcium in there) If it looks wet, don't step on it, you will sink. Literally slick as snot. I did my hike early in the morning to avoid snakes (because i had read many accounts of people seeing rattlesnakes while doing this summit). Also there is a mail box, the land own does want a some money as a contribution of opening up his land for hikers to enjoy. So do show your thanks and appreciation for what he didn't have to do for us to enjoy. Everything I read is $5 dollars is what was written as a donation.

Good easy hike! Nice views and it was fun to see the high pointers book at the top!! Our first of the 50!

Easy hike and it was beautiful! Saw a coyote!