Maah Daah Hey Trail

Maah Daah Hey Trail is a 93 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Sentinel Butte, ND that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, horses, and mountain biking and is accessible from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

93.0 miles 13136 feet Point to Point

99 mile single track through the badlands of North Dakota.

Great trail that is marked very well with lots of scenery. Didn't hike much of it but what I did I really enjoyed. I'll be going back for more that's for sure.

great views, easy stroll, many places to camp along the way.

Mountain biked part of this trail in 2005, then hiked other sections in 2007 or so. When raining the clayey, gumbo soil can be difficult to ride in. During dry weather, (or when the ground is frozen), it is easy riding and walking. Very hot and dry in the summer, so be prepared. It is the best marked trail I have ever been on, with two green wooden posts visible at most locations on the trail.

I have not quite completed this trail in its entirety quite yet, but I will. I have sweated many hours hiking this trail, camping along this trail and experiencing blisters and being coated in thick mud. I love this trail. I hope to finish it soon, as I cannot find people many people to do a more than 1 day hike. But be careful when it rains, the ground becomes very slick and could be very hazardous to your well being.

I tried to hike this trail in the late Spring and was surprised at how poorly it was kept up. Several sections had been taken out by landslides or completely overgrown. On the whole, the countryside and rustic appeal of the canyons and rock formations was enough to offset the sometimes very rough hiking. Caution to those who attempt this trail when it rains: The mud on these rocks is like glue mixed with cement.

Really unique place to Mt. Bike. Probably the top of my list. Only did about 10 miles, but need to go back someday and do the whole thing.